Cohiba Siglo II SLB - 25 cigars [5.1 x 42]
The Cohiba Siglo II has a delicious aroma that will relax you until you fall over.
- • Honey and Cohiba's trademark grassy qualities are clearly apparent in the first half of the smoke.
- • The second and third phases release cocoa, leather, tobacco and vanilla beans on to the palate through an impressively thick smoke.
This is really a beautiful looking and great smoking petit corona with vein-less Colorado/Natural wrapper, good construction and always well filled.
The Cohiba Siglo comes in Varnished Slide Lid Box of 25 cigars with Habanos packing code CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25
Length: 129 mm
Diameter: 16.67 mm
Ring gauge: 42
Shape: Petit Corona/Mareva
The wrapper is clean with no large veins. No box press. Every band is perfect. The Cohiba Siglo II is no exception. The wrapper is somewhat dark, about the average shade for these Cigars with. a well applied triple cap.
Before lighting up
The Cohiba Siglo II cuts with ease. The cut is clean, and the draw is perfect. Everything is of the highest standards. With the premium you're paying for the brand, you expect the highest of quality, and luckily enough this cigar delivers as like many of the Cohiba's. One of the things that was quite pronounced is the smell at the foot of the Cigar was the floral undertones with distinct barnyard. Gotta love that!!
The cigar lights up very easy. The draw is on the firm side, as expected from the beginning, but it's not unpleasant. Any uneven burn quickly evens out, while thick grey ash is forming and stays perfectly on the cigar. Yields billowing clouds of smoke.
With the first few puffs comes a robust leather and tobacco flavor profile that's not overwhelming, but is smooth and agile. A few more puffs reveal a butterscotch, and woody tones that is quite nice as it delivers some depth with the cigar. There's a good amount of smoke coming from the Siglo II that indicates that it's burning well and indicative of the high quality of construction.
The flavor profile so early on is more medium to full then light to medium. If you're someone who likes the old school flavors of the Bolivar's and the Partagas’s then you will enjoy the fuller than usual flavor profile of this Cohiba.
One of the highlights so far is that the burn is just perfect. Every draw sees the burn recede just perfectly down the Cigar without any twists or turns. Exceptional.
The flavor profile of the Siglo II however stays steady to the profile of the first third with hints of honey and leather. Boy this is good. This is very good. We start to pick up some grassy notes and that's not a bad thing.
It's getting to the end of the Siglo II in the final third but the cigar is still smoking exceptionally well. Naturally towards the end of the Cigar the strength starts to intensify and this one is no different. The Cohiba Siglo II is an outstanding smoke!
In summary, one needs to let the Siglo II go when your fingertips start to burn and you can't hold on to it any more.
60 - 90 Minutes
|Length||5.1 inches (129mm)|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
By DEADLY BRAIN
- It's just an amazing cigar. In jeneral Cohiba is one of the best and amazing cigar there is
One of my favorite Cohiba cigars
- Just received my shipment from Cigar Terminal and this is the first one me and my friend smoked right out of the box, the cigar is very impressive as is any Cohiba the cigar had a great feel to it,a great draw with creamy undertones and a great burn,up next the Behike 52 from the shipment and I cant thank Ken & Mary enough as they were a delight to deal with as I will only buy my cigars from them from now on
A staple for your humidor
Beautifully rich and creamy
- This has certainly become one of my favorite cigars. They are beautiful after only 30 days in the humidor, my 2015 box delivered thick, smooth, creamy flavorsome smoke from foot to end - with the distinctive Cohiba aroma. Why have a desert after lunch when you can have a Cohiba Siglo II without all the flavor and none of the calories! Different altogether from the Cohiba Robusto but a little more robust in flavor than the Siglo III
Unfortunately only an occasional treat due to the price,
but whenever i can get them worth every penny.
Easily my favourite petit corona, with the wonderful grassy flavour that i love about cohiba, in a size that is not cumbersome to smoke and last exactly the right amoubt of time. I described it to my friend as wandering through a grassy meadow on a sunny day. Gorgeous.