Cohiba Robustos SLB - 25 cigars [4.9 x 50]
The Cohiba Robustos are unique because they have a great construction, with colorado claro wrapper, with almost no veins and an awesome foot.
- • Many view this robusto to be the best in the world due to its richness, complexity and strength. It is a true masterpiece thanks to Cohiba’s unparalleled quality.
- • Prepared with exquisite care, it has many common characters with his elder brother, the Esplendidos.
- • Both a work of art and a delight to the palate. .
Very good burning with three well-defined parts, the first one with light flavors of grass and pepper, the second part with vanilla, and the third displays a strong tobacco flavor and chocolate tones with an undertone of barnyard.
Cohiba Robustos comes in a varnished sliding lid box (SLB) of 25 cigars made of cedar tied up with a yellow silk ribbon with Habanos Packing Code SLB-VW-GPSR-M-n-25
Length: 124 mm
Diameter: 19.85 mm
Ring gauge: 50
Like every Cohiba, the Robusto is a beautiful cigar. It has a light tan colored, oily wrapper and some very smooth veins. The bunch is solid and the triple cap is flat and well applied.
Before lighting up
Strong aromas of earth and vanilla can be found on the foot of the cigar and the pre-light draw is perfect. A couple of puffs leave on your lips a subtle salty taste. Black honey notes are dominant, married to a delicate spiciness. A delicious pre-light draw.
The ash is firm, dark grey in color, and reaches more than two inches in length before it falls of. The draw is perfect all the way through from foot to cap, delivering thick rich smoke, with the distinctive Cohiba creamy texture. The draw is great from the very start that is supple and ample.
The delicate taste of black honey with hints of spiciness is dominant in the first third. The classic Cohiba characteristics of grassiness appear from the first draw. Medium to full bodied at the start, earthy and creamy flavors and a peppery finish.
Into the second third the cigar becomes more complex exhibiting wood, caramel, honey and cedar. It has plenty of earth and wood, all perfectly balanced in great harmony.
In the last third the flavors get stronger and the body fuller. Notes of cocoa and leather are adding to its huge complexity. The Cohiba Robusto is simply delicious!
In summary, consistent with a great draw and burn, smokes for about 60 minutes growing in strength starting off medium ending beautifully with full creaminess and rich great strength with a clean aftertaste on the palate.
45 - 90 Minutes
|Length||4.9 inches (124mm)|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
By Phil S.
- Box came timely, upon arrival there was power mold on about half the box, I was able to rub it off for the most part and will now let them settle as they are much too young with a box date of only 9 months. CT made the mold issue right, I can't say enough about this company!
Always a good choicce
- There's a reason this is one of the best selling cigars. As will all Cohibas, age these. They are so wonderfully creamy, and you get the nice Cohiba grass and earth flavours.
- The finest of all the robustos in the Habanos line.
- This Robusto from Cohiba is universally recognized as one of the best of the format. I am amazed at the consistency of this stick. I was first introduced to the CoRo in 05 and find them to taste identical to those produced today. Flavor wise it exhibits the traditional flavors associated with the Cohiba marca; grass, hay and wood. It is smooth cigar with an hour plus smoke time. Truly one of the best of its format.
- Won of the best Cubans I have ever smoked, always a perfect burn.