Partagas Serie D No.4 - 25 cigars [4.9 x 50]
The Partagas Serie D No. 4 is one of the best examples of a robusto and probably the most famous of the Partagas brand.
- • This cigar is much sought after by those who wish to smoke complex full bodied cigars.
- • The flavor of the blend makes it an attractive choice for those who seek a full bodied and complex Habanos while still remaining smooth and creamy.
This cigar is a must have in every connoisseurs humidor, a true Cuban super star.
Partagas Serie D No.4 comes in a Semi Boite Nature (SBN) box of cedar of 25 cigars with Habanos Packing Code SBN-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25
Length: 124 mm
Diameter: 19.85 mm
Ring gauge: 50
The wrapper is smooth and shiny, dark and reddish brown in color and the veins are almost non-existent. The cigar is tightly packed without any soft or hard spots. The triple cap is perfectly applied.
Before lighting up
Upon opening a box of Partagas Serie D No. 4's, you get a cedary and creamy scent. Strong aromas of cedar and honey ooze from the foot of the cigar, while a strong earthy smell is present on the wrapper. The pre-light draw is perfect and the wrapper leaves a sweet flavor on the lips.
The draw is great from the very start. The cigar might occasionally start burning unevenly, but corrects itself with no effort. The ash is firm, dark grey – almost black – and stays on the cigar until almost two inches long. The cigar delivers plenty of smoke that has a long peaty, earthy finish, it smokes well until the very end.
The Partagas Serie D No. 4 starts with a coffee and chocolate flavor with the overtone of leather and tobacco. The cigar mellows down and gets more complex. Woody, earthy and sweet with a medium to full body.
In the second third, the cigar turns to full body, even chewy. The flavors of the first third become more intense, but not harsh. It is bold and toothy.
In the last third, the cigar gets even stronger, rich and intense but not overwhelming. It becomes more creamy, complex and refined.
To summarize, this is a very tasty cigar with full body, with complex and interesting flavors, without overwhelming the smoker too much strength.
45 - 90 Minutes
|Length||4.9 inches (124mm)|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
Never tried the D4 before but WOW! Love this cigar! Got a early 2016 box so I'm going to lay it down and rest them for a few years, but after smoking the first one the other night, I decided that 25 cigars wasn't enough so plan on grabbing a couple more next year or so to keep a rotation going.
CigarTerminal sent fast and provided a Boveda bag for each box. Cigars are legit!
Great smoke and service
- Quality smokes were delivered in great shape and timely. In general a smooth medium cigar that is a go to any time!
Very Nice cigar
- Very nice cigar. Full flavor.
- This cigar burns evenly and gives off a good amount of smoke. The draw is really easy using just a V cutter. This is by far one of my favorite cigars!
- Beautiful cigar. Superb construction. Medium to full bodied with loads of creamy smoke. Notes of cedar and spice. Burned perfectly, delicious with no bitterness right up until the end.