Partagas Serie D No.4 - 10 cigars [4.9 x 50]
The Partagas Serie D No. 4 is one of the best examples of a robusto and probably the most famous of the Partagas brand.
- • This cigar is much sought after by those who wish to smoke complex full bodied cigars.
- • The flavor of the blend makes it an attractive choice for those who seek a full bodied and complex Habanos while still remaining smooth and creamy.
This cigar is a must have in every connoisseur's humidor, a true Cuban super star.
Partagas Serie D No.4 comes in a Semi Boite Nature (SNB) box of cedar of 10 cigars with Habanos Packing Code SBN-UW-n-10-n-10
Ring Gauge: 50
The wrapper is smooth and shiny, dark and reddish brown in color and the veins are almost non-existent. The cigar is tightly packed without any soft or hard spots. The triple cap is perfectly applied.
Before lighting up:
Upon opening a box of Partagas Serie D No. 4's, you get a cedary and creamy scent. Strong aromas of cedar and honey ooze from the foot of the cigar, while a strong earthy smell is present on the wrapper. The pre-light draw is perfect and the wrapper leaves a sweet flavor on the lips.
The draw is great from the very start. The cigar starts burning unevenly, but corrects itself in the second third. The ash is firm, dark grey – almost black – and stays on the cigar until almost two inches long. The cigar delivers plenty of smoke that has a long peaty, earthy finish, It smokes well until the very end.
The Partagas Serie D No. 4 starts with a coffee and chocolate flavor with the overtone of leather & tobacco. The cigar mellows down and gets more complex. Woody, earthy and sweet with a medium to full body.
In the second third the cigar turns to full body, even chewy. The flavors of the first third become more intense, but not harsh. It is bold and toothy.
In the last third the cigar gets even stronger, rich and intense but not overwhelming. It becomes more creamy, complex and refined.
In summary, this is a very tasty cigar with full body, with complex and interesting flavors, without overwhelming the smoker with too much strength.
Smoking time: 45 - 90 Minutes
|Length||4.9 inches (124mm)|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
- The box was young, about 9 months but this cigar still packed a great deal of flavor. I will give these some time to mellow out. Well constructed and enjoyable.
By Octavio Augusto
The best rug in Cuba, in my opinion
- The best rug in Cuba, in my opinion. Great flavor. Very well built, with a wonderful cape. Highly recommend!
Great full taste
- Great full taste cigar goes well with coffee in the morning or whiskey in the evening
By Phil S.
Partagas series D #4
- One tasty cigar. Box was a bit young so time is needed on these. With that you will be very happy enjoying this fine Robusto with plenty of flavor and Cigar Terminal as usual flawless delivery and service!
It's a Partagas!
- This is a great cigar. Excellent construction, great looking wrapper, and simply a powerhouse of a smoke. It behaves well from start to finish, never diminishes in flavor, but does not become over-powering. If you have only one cigar in your humidor, this is the one to have!