H.Upmann No.2 - 25 cigars [6.1 x 52]
Many compare the H.Upmann No. 2 to the Montecristo No. 2, they are similar in terms of strength, and it is hard to say which one is the stronger of the two.
- • This cigar can hold its own against a Montecristo No. 2 or the Bolivar Belicosos Finos.
- • A great example of how fantastic a great Habanos pyramid can be.
In order to enjoy the full potential of the H. Upmann No. 2, it should be aged for 5 to 8 years, as with the H. Upmann No. 1.
H.Upmann No 2 – 25 cigars comes in a dress box with Habanos Packing Code CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25
Ring gauge: 52
It has a gorgeous oily and marbled wrapper.
Before lighting up
The wrapper has some notes of leather and wood. The foot exhibits aromas of spice, espresso, wood and hay.
The H.Upmann No.2 performs wonderfully, and it is a classic example that Cuba produces cigars with great construction. The draw is fantastic. The ash holds on to the cigar firmly and produces a lovely dark gray ash. The burn is razor sharp.
The cigar begins with some light spice, some pu-erh tea, like peat, some more wood and oak and coffee. It also delivers some creaminess.
The flavors in the second third really pick up, and it is here that it picks up a little more chocolate and pepper notes. There still exists some great tea, leather and oak notes to the cigar, and it has great finish of coffee and cream which are oh so enjoyable. The strength of the cigar remains at the medium level in which it was in the beginning.
In the final third of the cigar shows a lot of flavors in great harmony. It is packed with cocoa, still the tea flavor, being very pleasant. It shows leather & spice which is wonderful. The finish tastes like coffee and cream. The cigar stays cool all the way to the end and on the last puff the cigar is still as flavorful as it had been and is still medium in body.
In summary, the flavors and aromas are first class all the way. What will really hit your taste buds are the chocolate and vanilla with the fantastic musky taste.
60 - 90 Minutes
|Length||6.1 inches (156mm)|
Nice alternative to monte #2
- I get that these are in high demand and hard to roll, but 2/4 out of the box I've already tried have been tightly rolled. Not so tight that they were un-smokeable, but tight enough that it was not ideal. On the ones that are rolled properly the flavors are great. I get lighter notes of tea, wood, and earth out of this cigar which are very pleasant.
The other Pyramide
This vitola among the best, not only from Upmann, is for sure the kind of chanllenger which need the most well known perfecto of the world since ever : the Montécristo n° II
To be fair, if this one is certainly the strongest with heaviest aromas, the Upmann n° II has to be the purest, with very fine tobacco leaves and decidedly the true signature of what should be and ever was the H. Upmann taste.
Aging potential is rather tremendous with a liga increasing its power.
You way also find an nother similar cigar, typical for the Upmann ligada, with the Magnum 50.
By El Fumador
Light and airy
- Decent cigar and great format this Pyramid. Great aroma but not enough of a body in the smoke to get me excited. Good for summer and fall and not to be rushed.
- First time trying this cigar. Burn was a little uneven with one. It had a cedar, leathery flavor. I'm going to let them age in the humidor for a little while. Overall, it was a nice smoke that I think will improve with time.
Time does wonders
- After storing for about a year in the humidor these cigars we're incredible. Age did them wonders.