Saint Luis Rey Regios - 25 cigars [5.0 x 48]
This is an admirable Hermoso, complex and very gratifying. It gets even better when aged for 2 to 3 years.
- • Its full of traditional Cuban flavors, dominated by spicy and leathery aromas.
- • Creamy yet complex. Goes along very well with coffee.
It’s a real gem. Not sure why it isn’t more renowned. A great value for the price.
The Saint Luis Rey Regios comes in a boite nature box with Habanos Packing Code CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25
Length: 127 mm
Diameter: 19.05 mm
Ring gauge: 48
Shape: Hermoso No 4
A rustic looking wrapper with a bit of sheen and tooth.
Before lighting up
The pre-light taste was of a light leather.
A slightly firm draw with a wavy burn.
All sorts of flavors hit the palate, dark honey, coffee, gingerbread and leather with some nuts.
A mild to medium-bodied cigar with rich, mellow Saint Luis Rey flavors. Hints of sweet tobacco.
The final third evolves into sweet honey and coffee.
In summary, it builds towards the end, increasing in strength and complexity.
60 - 80 Minutes
|Brand||Saint Luis Rey|
|Length||5.0 inches (127mm)|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
- Huge surprise. Very tasty. Great price
- I was really looking forward to this stick, and it did not disappoint. The cigar had a good earthy/spicy pre-light aroma. It produced tons of flavorful smoke. The burn was excellent, with the ash dropping in three chunks. Great first impression for this cigar. Looking forward to enjoying more of these.
- Firm but good draw. Med-full body. Full flavor. The flavor complexity in these little devils is awesome. I've not smoked one since 1999 and they are still just as delicious. This little guy strikes a perfect balance of earthy/wood with a bit of spicy creme and a hint of floral aromatics. Really a marvelous robusto right up there with the RASS and almost as good as the D4.
No Nonsense Smoke
- For the price you would be hard pressed to find a Robusto like the Saint Luis Rey. Well constructed, easy smoke with easy to recognize flavors, with creamy texture and a leathery spice. Amazing these are not more popular.
- Got this in the sampler ...excellent smoke.... great flavors, not overpowering.