Romeo y Julieta Short Churchills - 10 cigars [4.9 x 50]
The Romeo y Julieta Short Churchill is a wonderful vitola, that is never too powerful.
- • The Short Churchill keeps only the very best of his big brother, skipping the uneasy first puffs.
- • This shorter format allows modern cigar smokers to enjoy a true Cuban stogie when time is of the essence.
This cigar is creamy and complex with ample draw and good construction.
The Romeo y Julieta Short Churchill comes in a cedar dress box of 10 cigars with Habanos Packing Code CB-UW-n-10-n-10
Ring Gauge: 50
Shape: Short Churchill
The Colorado shade wrapper is a little toothy to the touch, light brown in color and the veins are a little visible. The cigar is tightly rolled and well packed, it is pretty firm from the head to the foot when squeezed. Well made triple cap. The cigar sports a second and elegant golden band that reads “Short Churchills”.
Before lighting up:
Unlit, the wrapper smells like wood with a nice tobacco flavor. The cold draw is typical Cuban tobacco and some wood and spices notes.
The construction on the Short Churchill is top-notch, as the draw on this cigar is great and effortless throughout. The burn line is slightly wavy at the beginning, but it is correcting itself further on, it doesn’t require any attention. At the foot, about an inch of a dark grey ash holds on firmly. Generous billows of smoke are generated at each draw; the smoke has an earthy aftertaste.
Woody flavors greet you upon lighting the cigar, leaving some saltiness on the lips and on the finish. The dominant flavors in the first third are of wood and earthiness, while some pepper notes, not too spicy, are also present. The smoke is creamy and thick.
In the second third, the saltiness from the first third is gone and now there is ample space for some tasty tobacco, leather and still some spiciness from pepper. Some darker notes are also appearing around the halfway point, we get some mineral, some earth hints and some strong espresso notes. The undertone of espresso lingered until the final third. The body of the cigar is now in the medium range, while the finish is a bit stronger. The smoke is now whiter and less creamy.
In the final third, the woodiness is joined by some notes of bitter chocolate. The spiciness is still around, but never over powerful. The flavor profile is typical Romeo y Julieta, with some hints of fruits here and there. The Short Churchill leaves you with a smooth, rich finish and takes you by surprise and leaves you with your hunger...
In summary, a splendid, medium- to full-bodied cigar that is well made with a good burn and smooth draw producing lots of smoke loaded with classic Romeo y Julieta flavors. Should be even better as the years roll by.
Smoking time: 45 - 90 Minutes
|Brand||Romeo y Julieta|
|Length||4.9 inches (124mm)|
|Factory Shape||Short Churchill|
- Great cigar. Great construction. Bought several boxes
- Extremely fast shipping (4 days to NY) excellent cigar. Smooth with no nonsense. First RyJ I've smoked in about 5 years but they are wonderful just as I remember. I recommend.
Short fun nice
Received these earlier this week and treated myself to one on a lovely Spring Ozzie evening in Melbourne
Smooth smoke / burns well / light taste
Great flavourful smoke
- Smooth cigar that has a sweet and creamy flavour. Lots of nice white smoke produced. Benefits from a good rest in the humidor.
cigar with personality
- Short Churchills give you good bang for your buck. Mediium to full with a interesting flavor profile. Just make sure you light it correctly. It may burn uneven which was take the enjoyment out of your cigar.