Romeo y Julieta No.2 Tubos - 25 cigars [5.1 x 42]
Very good everyday cigar. Good quality for its price.
- • Smooth and lots of flavors despite its small ring gauge.
- • Aromas typical of Romeo y Julieta, of earth, coffee and leather and nice spicy note on the finish.
Perfect as a morning cigar. The tube that comes with it is beautiful.
The Romeo y Julieta No.2 Tubos comes in individual aluminum tubes in a wooden box of 25 with Habanos Packing Code CB-UW-C/S-9,9,7-A/T-25
Length: 129 mm (5.1 inches)
Diameter: 16.67 mm
Ring gauge: 42
Shape: Petit Corona
The cigar has a beautiful construction, an almost perfect wrapper. It has a nice even color.
Before lighting up
It cuts very easily and the first draw at cold reveals robust aromas with lots of complexity. There are rich earthy flavors, as well as some sweetness that is reminiscent of cocoa, vanilla and also some notes of coffee.
The pre-light draw is good, while a bit tight at the beginning, but tends to loosen once lit. Due to its amazing construction, the dark grey ash can build up to a nice length of one inch or so. The burn line is a bit wavy at first but soon corrects itself and nice thin rings appear harmoniously. Every draw produces a generous cloud of smoke, despite being a small ring sized cigar.
In the first third, the cigar starts off with pleasant notes of chocolate, cedar and nuts. The flavor profile of this cigar is ideal for a morning cigar, not very strong, with just a bit of sweetness. There is a nice little spicy finish on the tongue.
Into the second third, the cigar keeps on the same tone of flavors, but the spicy edge fades away, and the cigar becomes smoother. Soon, more complexity comes as well and reveals some more salty aromas, of leather, which is much welcome. The draw is now perfect and each puff generates a good amount of smoke.
In the last third, the flavor profile remains similar. However, a kick in nicotine comes and now the cigar becomes a bit stronger, closer to a medium bodied-cigar. The cigar reveals more complexity as well, adding aromas of salt and mint to the ones of leather.
In summary, it is an excellent cigar for its price. It is a perfect morning cigar, for a short break, thanks to its smooth flavor and its medium body. Also its beautiful tube is a keepsake for any aficionado, which makes this cigar a nice gift.
40 – 60 Minutes
|Brand||Romeo y Julieta|
|Length||5.1 inches (129mm)|
|Factory Shape||Petit Corona|
A good taste and ability to carry them around
- This cigar had been my favourite for many years, as the good taste was combined with the ability to carry them with me due to the tubes. It is a good cigar in its category and provides a rather smooth (although not always for some reason) smoking. I used to combine them with a good meal, especially a barbeque during summer time, when smoking at the garden becomes a pleasure.
Box came in perfect condition7 days after order. I checked the verification code on the Habanos web site and it was official.
- This was my second order with cigar terminal and the response after ordering was immediate. I was notified when the order had shipped and received it within one week. The product was in great condition and the cigars smoked perfectly.
Great and quick
- As previously stated it won't blow you away. But if you don't have much time these come in handy. Start off sweet and smooth. Burn evenly for the most part.
Cheap smoke on the go
First third was smooth and classic cuban flavour. Can't grasp much of the flavour of it.
Felt a bit over sweetness towards the end of the stick and constantly having bitterness to the tongue and spitting is unavoidable to rinse it.
not amazing, but a great every day smoke
- The summary says it all. I was not blown away by this cigar, either in a good or a bad way. Though it is definitely a cuban with a certain floral flavor profile to it, that's about all one can really say. There was almost zero evolution of the flavor profile as the cigar burned toward the nub, and while I wouldn't say I was disappointed in this cigar (and at this price point, who really could be?) I was not overly impressed by it either. I will certainly buy more boxes of this one as an every day or party favor Habano, but its not going to be that special occasion cigar you stash in the back of your humidor for years to come.