Romeo y Julieta Churchills - 25 cigars [7.0 x 47]
Probably the supreme Habano from Romeo y Julieta. Every connoisseur should have one in his humidor.
- • Powerful and yet amazingly smooth.
- • This remarkable cigar will seduce you into submission.
Very rich cigar, strong body. An absolute cigar for true aficionados.
The Romeo y Julieta Churchills comes in a dress box of 25 cigars with Habanos Packing Code CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25
Length: 178 mm
Diameter: 18.65 mm
Ring Gauge: 47
Solid brown rustic wrapper with faint veins. Some oiliness that shines in the light.
Before lighting up:
Robust and complex. Flavors and aromas that include vanilla, espresso, exotic fruit, cedar, chocolate, walnuts, herbs and flowers.
A lush and even draw with a perfect mouth filling burn with billowing clouds of smoke.
In the first third, the cigar starts on very smooth tone but with some already complex profile. The cigar is releasing powerful tastes already, but very sweet ones. We have some aromas of honey, caramel, burnt sugar, and sweet coffee. The flavors are not lingering on the palate at all, the after taste is short and clean. Overall, a very enjoyable first third.
The second third continues on a fairly similar flavor profile than the first one. Some aromas are appearing, some of toasted bread and of fruits, sweet black cherry that is. The sweet flavors of the first third are now stronger, but the body is of the cigar is light-medium in strength. The overall balance of flavors is good and makes this middle part a true delight. The amount of smoke produced by the cigar is generous, but the aftertaste is still rather short. The nicotine starts to kick in.
In the final third, the sweetness of the first two third fades away and makes space to more robust flavors. The body of the Churchill is now medium and the flavors are even stronger. It is releasing a lot of nicotine when reaching the nub.
In summary, smoking a Romeo y Julieta Churchill is something every aficionado should do at least once, as this cigar is part of history since it was smoked by the “British Bulldog” himself. This is a masterpiece.
Smoking time: 105 – 135 Minutes
|Brand||Romeo y Julieta|
|Length||7.0 inches (178mm)|
- Good cigar but to delicate to me.I prefer medium to full body cigars and this is mild to medium.Good draw,even burning
- I ordered the 15 pack (tubes) from CT a while pack. I absolutely loved this cigar so I ordered the box of 25. Great cigar!! A nice medium to full smoke.
- My absolute favourite cigar. Very smooth with lots of thick smoke and delicious flavour
Paying for a label
- I wanted to be blown away by this cigar, but I just can't justify the price point on this when compared to other large vitolas from other makers. For instance, the Partagas 8-9-8 is a better smoke for less money, hands down. Not to say this cigar is bad per se, but I don't see how it comes in at over 10 a stick other than to say you are just paying for the name and the prestige of the original "Churchill."
A Benchmark Cigar
- This review is directed to anyone who has never tried an R&J Churchill. Anyone with the slightest interest in cigars knows that Sir Winston preferred the giant 47 X 7" size to all others, so much so that this vitola was, with his permission, named in his honor. So regardless of the brand or country of origin, most 47 X 7" cigars are called Churchills. The Romeo and Julieta however has the distinction of being Sir Winston's favorite cigar among the several brands he was known to have smoked. He smoked literally THOUSANDS of these things. Sure they're not the most popular size (robusto!) nor the most fashionable brand (Cohiba!). I've had some that were awful sure, but usually they are a paragon of construction, burn and taste. So smoke a good one quietly by yourself, maybe with a glass of Johnnie Black or a snifter of brandy for the full experience. I like the tubos the best, but whatever, just try one. If I were *gasp* compelled to pick only one cigar to smoke for the rest of my days this is it. If you don't agree that's absolutely fine, but you have to try it. Because like it or not the Romeo & Julieta Churchill is a Benchmark - one of perhaps 10 cigars in the world against which all other cigars are judged.