Por Larranaga Petit Coronas SLB CAB - 50 cigars [5.1 x 42]
The Por Larranaga Petit Corona is one of the most adored Habanas of this size.
- • The thin ring gauge means this is a very direct and rapid burn and its responsiveness does not wane as it burns.
- • A rich and exciting blend like this needs some age to be at its best.
This cigar is a must have for all aficionados of the petit corona format.
Por Larranaga Petit Coronas SLB CAB 50 cigars comes in a sliding lid box (SLB) with Habanos Packing Code SLB-UW-GPSR-M-n-50
Ring Gauge: 42
Shape: Petit Corona/Mareva
The Petit Corona is a very well constructed, very firm and well packed. An attractive golden brown smooth wrapper, with little veins.
Before lighting up:
The cigar is very well constructed, very firm and well packed. It has a smooth, oily, chocolate wrapper, with little veins with a lightly colored wrapper and nice cap.
The cigar lights up very easy. The draw is on the firm side, as expected from the beginning, but it's not unpleasant. Any uneven burn quickly evens out, while thick grey ash is forming and stays perfectly on the cigar. Yields billowing clouds of smoke.
It is medium bodied in the beginning, with hints of earth and wood, with hints of spice.
The cigar turns into cream, with some of spice. The draw is slightly looser, but still firm. The flavors are more complex, with the earthy flavor being more intense. The tones of vanilla and coffee appear. It is very creamy.
Spice, wood, cocoa and fruits, all well balanced, deliver full and robust creamy flavors. If smoked slowly, the cigar smokes well until the end, without becoming hot or overwhelming. A lot of aging potential.
In summary, the Por Larranaga Petit Corona is one of the best marevas of the Cuban size. A very tasty cigar with well balanced flavors.
Smoking time: 60 - 90 Minutes
|Length||5.1 inches (129mm)|
|Factory Shape||Petit Corona|
|Strength||Light - Medium|
Rich and earthy petit corona that ages well
- These tasted terrible off the truck, but that was my fault for digging in too early. With a few months rest, a different picture emerged. In their youth, these are rich, spicy, and earthy cigars with a hint of burnt sugar. With time, they mellow and gain a caramel note. If you don't like them at first, stick them away for a few months and revisit. Time does wonders!
- The PLPC cab didn't last too long, great flavors
Incredible dark horse cigar
- This smoke is superb, right out of the box it was creamy with flavors of spice and roasted nuts. For the price, unbeatable. It's surprising these don't fly off the shelves.
Go To Smoke
- This is the one when you don't have time for a churchill or No.2. Nice easy smoke for a break or with a glass of wine. Always keep some in the humidor to age.
- An absolute must buy. Not overpowering, great flavors for an hour or less smoke.