Partagas Shorts SLB CAB - 50 cigars [4.3 x 42]
The Partagas Short has all the typical Partagas flavors in a small vitola.
- • This cigar is appreciated by experienced smokers and connoisseurs alike who wish to smoke complex full bodied cigars in a shorter time.
- • A great example of what a great Partagas can be.
This is a great cigar to have on hand when looking for a full bodied classic Hubana but you're short on time.
The Partagas Shorts comes in a sliding lid box (SLB) of 50 cigars with Habanos Packing Code SLB-UW-GPSR-M-n-50
Length: 110mm (4.3 inches)
Ring Gauge: 42
Shape: Petit Corona / Minuto
The Partagas Shorts is a well rolled cigar, with a rugged, reddish brown, oily and minimally veiny wrapper with an even, tight bunch. Solid triple cap application.
Before lighting up
Smooth to feel and spongy, with strong aromas of earth and wood and the wrapper has that beloved barnyard smell. It has a good cap.
Lighting is pretty easy for such a small cigar. The draw is very good. The burn is as good as it can get.
The Shorts tastes like a Partagas, almost identical to its big brother, the Partagas Serie D No.4. The cigar delivers thick, rich and flavorful smoke, with cedar, nutmeg, coffee and earth flavors.
The flavors are balancing out and the cigar reveals its medium to full body. The draw is still good and the burn is still even. Woody and spicy flavors are now more noticeable, accompanied by earthy, musky vanilla tones.
In the last third, the cigar is very straightforward and enjoyable. It gets stronger towards the end, with full flavors of sweetness, leather, wood and nuts, but it never becomes harsh or hot. It has a buttery, cedar and musky finish.
In summary, this is a delicious full bodied cigar in a small format.
20 - 30 Minutes
|Length||4.3 inches (110mm)|
|Factory Shape||Petit Corona|
Partagas Short probably the best of its size
- Probably the best Cuban of that size , while so many other cigars have changed in flavor over time since the departure from Cuba of Davidoff , Partagas has kept so consistently its quality and its tradition , the Short along with the D4 are reminiscent of the great Era when the smell of a cigar never offended anyone and the taste of a cigar was a delicacy ! Best in cabinet of 50.
- I buy these almost monthly. They are an outstanding 30 minute cigar. Unmistakably Partagas, with great flavor, good smoke, and very repeatable. I will say that I have had some problems with plugged cigars as well, but CT was quick to correct the problem and replaced the cigars. This is my go to smoke when I know I only have 30 minutes.
A fantastic smoke,
If you are familiar with your coffee, I recommend using Single origins beans. Always pull a double and top with stretched milk. A fantastic pairing to really bring out the creaminess.
- These are a good cigar. Tastes great. Small cigar that packs the flavor. They used to be my go to cigar but last box few years ago was plugged even after sitting a year. Still a good one.