Partagas Serie E No.2 - 25 cigars [5.5 x 54]
The Partagas Serie E No.2 is a top Habano cigar. It is on par with BHK 52 or BHK 54.
- • Medium body cigar, with an amazing flavor profile marked with creamy flavors, spices, wood, coffee and nuts among others.
- • Perfect construction on this Robusto Extra, perfect burn, creamy smoke. A cigar for experienced smokers.
This cigar is simply one notch higher that the Partagas D No 4 in terms of flavors and strength.
The Partagas Serie E No.2 comes in a Semi Boite Nature Box of 25 cigars with Habanos Packing Code SBN-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25
Length: 5.5 inches (140 mm)
Diameter: 21.43 mm
Ring gauge: 54
Shape: Robusto Extra / Duke
The Partagas Serie E No.2 is a very good looking cigar despite being large. Surprisingly, it doesn't feel that heavy in hand. The wrapper is rather smooth and oily and has a beautiful Colorado color, brown-reddish. When squeezed between finger, the cigar as just the perfect give, not too much, not too few, and there are no soft spots. On the wrapper itself, the quality of the roll is excellent, the triple cap is very well applied, almost seamlessly. There are a few veins on it, but it does alter the fact that this is one of the best ranked wrapper among Habanos.
Before lighting up
The wrapper smells of wood (cedar) and of faint chocolate.
Once clipped the cap, the draw is perfect and gives aromas of wood and nuts. The Serie E No.2 catches fire easily and, while the burn line requires a couple of touch-ups to stay razor sharp, the cigar is producing a nice light grey ash. The strength picks up right from the first few draws, despite the big ring gauge. The smoke is dense, chewy and flavorful, with aromas of walnuts, hazelnuts and dry fruits. The first puffs reveal the complexity of aromas and the power of the cigar.
The first third of the cigar starts off with strong flavors of wood, cedar like, there is also leather, tobacco and earthy tones. There are also some herbal notes of barnyard, no spice whatsoever, maybe just a bit on the retrohale. To bind the flavors together, a beautiful creaminess develops, along with some undertones of mocha, hints of citrus and some sweetness. The flavor profile of the first third is typical Partagas. The strength builds up right from the beginning, never overpowering, but it gets stronger towards the end of the third, reaching the medium range.
In the middle third, the flavors remains similar to those presented in the first part of the cigar. The earthiness is now more present among the other flavors; the coffee/mocha notes are also more noticeable. At the same time, the creaminess increases as well, while some nuttiness also appears, in short, the aromas are getting richer and richer. The strength ramps up again, now being a strong medium cigar.
In the final third, the Serie E No.2 shows its real self, that is being one of best Habanos. The flavors remain interesting, and never too harsh. The creaminess is still there, but not as strong as in the previous thirds. The main flavor is some beautiful mix of sweetness from honey and some delicate spices. The balance between those two flavors is amazing. It is joined by flavors of wood, coffee, hay. There are also some notes of dark chocolate, which makes the cigar interesting until the nub. It is a beautiful smoke, which strength remains a solid medium.
In summary, this is one of the best Habanos out there. A great balance of flavors, always exciting and beautifully constructed. He flavors develop like an elegant music symphony.
1 hour and 40 minutes
|Length||5.5 inches (140 mm)|
|Factory Shape||Robusto Extra|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
One of the best Cubans.
- The Serie E No 2 is a great smoke. It's creamy smooth and burns perfectly. The box I received came in perfect condition and the serial number checked out on Habanos website.
One of my top 5 cigars of all times!
If you like cappuccino, a touch of cinnamon, creaminess surrounded by an earthiness that lasts for 70-90 minutes, you will like this cigar.
I tried one in Singapore and started my search to find more, thank you Cigar Terminal! My boxes just shipped, can't wait to have them. I will age some and enjoy the rest.
- This cigar blew me away. I was amazed at the flavor, draw and burn of this cigar. Easily made it to one of my top 5 favorite cigars. Embodied everything a great cigar should be.
Best Cigar Ever
- I have been smoking cigars for over 30 years. This is for sure the best cigar I have smoked. Great cigar. You will enjoy it from start to finish. It is the perfect cigar for all occasion. I have bought in the past 6 month total of 4 boxes. Superb Cigar
- Incredibly smooth and delicious. 90 minutes of pleasure. Burns evenly. Enjoyable very late in the smoke. For me, ideal length and ring gauge. I think it has become my favourite smoke above the R&J Wide Churchill, the Cohiba Esplendido and the Cuaba Distinguido. Superb stuff.