Partagas Petit Coronas Especiales - 25 cigars [5.2 x 42]
The Partagas Petit Coronas Especiales is a very good option for a strong cigar and. Goes perfectly along with dark coffee or after a nice meal.
- • Complex cigar, with strong tobacco, cedar, leather and coffee flavors.
- • A great amount of spice abut also a nice sweetness of vanilla and caramel.
A great Partagas, medium-to-full body, that has great potential for ageing.
The Partagas Petit Coronas Especiales comes in a dress box of 25 cigars with Habanos Packing Code CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25
Length: 132 mm
Diameter: 16.67 mm
Ring gauge: 42
Shape: Petit Coronas / Mareva
The cigar is looking magnificent. It has a slight box press, the wrapper is of dark brown color with a nice oily sheen. It is moderately veiny, and it is very well rolled. The cap is beautifully applied, it is well filled, and pretty firm between the fingers.
Before lighting up
The wrapper smells of hay, and some oil, typical of Partagas.
The cigar cuts easily, and the first cold draw is perfect and gives lots of wood, hay, salty leather and spices. Once lit up, lots of strong cedar comes to the palate, mixed with some floral notes. The draw remains flawless, letting just enough resistance. It produces a good amount of smoke all along.
The first third of the cigar opens up with full flavored tobacco and lots of cedar. There are also lots salty earth and leather, a good amount of pepper spiciness on the nose. There is also some caramel that brings hints of sweetness. Overall, the first third is in the lower medium range. The burn line is sharp and the ashes build up for a good inch long. The ash is quite flaky and has a beautiful dark grey color.
In the middle third, the strength is picking up, the Petit Coronas Especiales is now revealing its true self. The dominant flavors are still of tobacco, cedar, leather and earth. However, the sweet caramel is gaining in importance, joined by hints of spicy vanilla. The pepper is still around. Overall, the middle of the cigar is in the solid medium range.
In the final third, the dominant flavors are similar to the previous third. There are still lots of complexity, with smooth aromas of coffee, vanilla, toast and caramel. The pepper is still there on the lips. The body of the cigar is still in the medium to full range.
In summary, it is a great cigar, full of flavors and power. Every Habanos aficionado should have at least one in his humidor.
45 – 60 Minutes
|Length||5.2 inches (132mm)|
- Med-Full lot of flavor. Great compliment to my morning espresso. This is my 2nd box will definitely be ordering them again!
- Strong and tasty. It burned well; easy draw and a lot of smoke
- This was a full flavored cigar, and despite its modest size, it smokes like a larger format cigar. It burned even for about 50 minutes with a strong flavor, but not at bitter. The value is exceptional and it is a cigar I would recommend to anyone. I just ordered two more boxes.
Packs a lot of flavor in a small package.
Great cigar to just kick back and relax.
A cup of espresso to go along you're all set
- WOW! What an incredible cigar. Not sure if i would say this is the strongest cigar I have had, but it sure is close. Cuban flavor turned all the way up, spicy, woody, nutty, oily. My mouth was tingling after first draw. Bold cigar smokers this box is a must.