Partagas Lusitanias - 25 cigars [7.6 x 49]
The Partagas Lusitanias is a real gem of a double corona.
- • One of the most appreciated Double Coronas throughout the world.
- • Giving yourself a Lusitania from Partagas is giving yourself the pleasure of smoking one of the best cigars in the world.
Find an excuse to spare 2 hours to savor its flavor. You'll be glad you did.
The Partagas Lusitanias comes in a dress box of 25 cigars with Habanos Packing Code CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25.
Ring Gauge: 49
Shape: Double Corona
The Lusitanias is a sight to behold. The wrapper on this Lusitanias looks beautiful. It is on the dark side with hardly a vein, oily, hard to the touch with a slight box press and a perfect cap.
Before lighting up
The pre-light draw tells us it will draw well and give a light cedar flavor. Showcasing sweet notes with some cedar hints, and a pleasant deep spiciness.
Even burn throughout and a mouth filling draw with billowing smoke.
The aromas that stand out in the first third are spices and leathery notes. After the first few draws, the cinnamon and ginger flavors are joined by coffee and cacao notes. The cigar is very well balanced in terms of flavors. All the spicy flavors are in full blown by the end of the first third.
The second third continues on the same path, with the addition of moist soil aromas that reveals the richness of the cigar. Many flavors start appearing, bitterness from coffee aromas, spice from cinnamon, sweetness from caramel. The burn is still perfect and the draw remains amazing as well.
The final third is once again incredibly rich. The mixture of spices and bitterness is still incredibly there, with notes of Asian spices and bitter chocolate. Herbal touches also start appearing towards the end, and all that makes a cigar that is hard to put down. This gem delivers it until the nub.
In summary, many aficionados claim this is the best cigar in the world, right up there with the Hoyo De Monterrey double corona.
120 - 180 Minutes
|Length||7.6 inches (194mm)|
|Factory Shape||Double Corona/Prominente|
Will buy again soon.
- These sticks are amazing. Great draw, burn and flavor. As always Cigar Terminal delivered on time and in perfect condition.
- This is a cigar that I find difficult to keep in the humidor - I can't seem to let them age! The good news is that they are an excellent smoke right out of the box, although I was able to age some for 2 years. They only get better.
- An aristocrat of a smoke! The finest Partagas cigar, and probably the best Prominente of all. Wonderful, full flavors of sweet wood, earth and cocoa. Medium bodied but develops in strength right up to a rich and spicy finish, with a savory aftertaste.
- One of the best cigars out there in any size. While it is big and powerful, it is not unapproachable. Cigars in this size are better able to showcase the progressive flavor development than their smaller counterpoints and this one is unsurpassed, beginning with light classic notes of a cuban cigar, progressing into wood spice and coffee, and ending in creamy leather and espresso. Fantastic and well worth the money.
Smoked on my way from Columbus to Cleveland......tasty, tasty, tasty! Good 90 minute smoke. Great with Tim Horton XL dark roast coffee!