Montecristo Petit No.2 - 10 cigars [4.7 x 52]
The Montecristo Petit No.2 is all you expect from a Montecristo No.2 in a shorter smokes.
- • Very flavorful, creamy with a perfect construction.
- • Being still a young cigar, it has a great potential for aging.
This cigar simply delivers a shorter Montecristo No.2 experience at a lesser cost.
The Montecristo Petit No.2 comes in a dress box of 10 cigars with Habanos Packing Code CB-UW-n-10-n-10
Length: 4.7 inches (120 mm)
Diameter: 20.64 mm
Ring gauge: 52
Shape: Petit Pyramid
The cigar is looking very well rolled, the seams are visible but they are very nice. The wrapper is close to perfect, with few veins here and there, but the overall feeling is very good, very smooth and oily. The wrapper has an appealing medium brown color, also called Colorado and it is sporting Montecristo’s new and elegant band, which has an embossed golden fleur-de-lis in the center, and some beautiful golden lines around it. The construction looks also flawless, there are no soft spots, the foot looks full and the triple cap is beautifully applied.
Before lighting up
The wrapper has some aromas of wood, hay, tobacco with some hints of leather and spices.
Once clipped the cap, the Montecristo Petit No.2 reveals a great draw, not too easy, not too tight, and gives some floral flavors and some spices. Lighting the cigar is easy and right away produces a generous cool and delicious smoke. As the cigar goes on, the burn is great and sharp, a light gray ash builds on beautifully and holds on for about an inch. The construction is perfect, revealed by a nice cone of charcoal in the middle of the foot.
The first third of the cigar is very rich in flavors, very reminiscent of its big brother, the Montecristo No.2, only a bit more intense, starting with a medium to full body straight away. The typical Cuban creamy smoothness is there, balancing the unique Montecristo No.2 spicy/sweet flavor. The dominant flavors are of chocolate, toasted nuts, grassy notes, such as green tea, or black tea, cedar. The spices are beautiful; there is some nutmeg, cinnamon. There are also some faint notes of coffee, vanilla. Overall, lots of sweetness and creaminess in the cigar, balancing the strength of the stogie.
The middle third is equally beautiful and very consistent flavors. There are still a lot of nuttiness, toasty tobacco, creaminess, cedar and chocolate. However the sweetness almost left completely. There are now some bread notes coming forward while the coffee flavors become more pronounced. The body and the strength of the cigar are now settled at a medium to full level. On the finish we get delicious spice and white pepper. The cigar is still burning beautifully, doesn’t require any attention and the smoke is now thick and has a great sweet taste on the retrohale.
In the final third, the cedar evolves into a more woody taste, the coffee and the chocolate are intense now and balance the woodiness. The pepper becomes more prominent and plays very well with the nutmeg. The after taste is still very beautiful and sweet, while the strength remains in medium to medium full body range. The cigar shows some signs of youth here and there, but there is no bitterness whatsoever, so not altering the quality of the smoking experience. It is a pleasure to smoke the Petit No.2 until the nub.
In summary, it is a short Montecristo No.2.
50 – 70 Minutes
|Length||4.7 inches (120mm)|
|Factory Shape||Petit Piramide|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
Great size, perfect taste
- This is a really nice cigar. I like it more than the full sized no.2. It's the perfect sweet spot, it's not a gimmick cigar. It really is an enjoyable smoke. A must have for any humidor
Definitely recommend to anyone
- Showed up in 4 short days and were packed nicely with humi packs included. Sticks were beautiful, couldnt be happier. Put strait in humidor to let them settle down for a while before indulging.
Montecristo Petit 2
- Perfect size shape and the airoma... its a best buy
Best box of Montecristo's so far
- These were great right out of the box. Perfect for when you don't have time for the full size torpedo.
- I have always tried to like the Monte #2, but generally find it lacking in flavor. The short was about the same, but had a better draw and a little more flavor. Not my favorite, but then again I am not a huge Monte fan.