Montecristo No.5 - 25 cigars [4.0 x 40]
The taste of this little one is almost like his bigger brothers.
- • Full of flavor and very spicy yet creamy.
- • It also has a very earthy taste. It is a heavy cigar but never becomes unpleasant.
The trick is to smoke it slowly. Then it doesn’t get hot and you can enjoy this stick for about an hour.
The Montecristo No. 5 comes in a boite nature box of 25 cigars with Habanos Packing Code CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25
Ring Gauge: 40
Shape: Tres Petit Corona / Perla
Excellent construction, with a sheen to the wrapper. Even bunch at the foot.
Before lighting up
Aroma of sweet tobacco with a hint of barnyard and some cocoa.
Perfect burn and a nice comfortable draw.
Sweet with some light spice. Some cream seeps in there at the end of the first third.
The light spice fades in and out but there is now some coffee and cocoa and more cream.
The spice picks back up again with some leather and toast. Still creamy with a bit of musk. The musk is most pleasant.
In summary, an excellent smoke when smoked very slowly.
40 - 60 Minutes
|Length||4.0 inches (102mm)|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
- Needed at age them a little, but the ammonia is gone now and they taste great. Leathery and a little spicy. Real nice for a quick smoke.
- Nice quick smoke, if you want to enjoy a great smoke but don't have the time for a bigger one this is your cigar!
Short smoke punches a lot of power
- I love this cigar. I found it to be smooth yet bold. It's a quick smoke so you can have it anytime of day. I highly recommend.
Great bold winter smoke
Order came very fast, and was double vacuum sealed.
Great cigar, taste was basically identical to a no.4 but in a much quicker, 20-40 minute smoke.
Had a very even burn for being a smaller cigar, slightly tighter draw than a no.4, but all the great flavors, with a pretty uniform taste of slight spice, strong cocoa, leather, dark coffee grounds, earthiness, and creamy vanilla, didn't notice nuttiness, but it is a great smoke at a wonderful price, much bolder taste than a purito. I did notice slight ammonia and sourness, smoked straight out of the box, but are now sitting in my humidor. I recommend these definitely to have in your arsenal, when you're feeling a bit frugal and need a quicker smoke. great value and taste, but if you were to buy a box of 4's Vs 5, shell out a little extra for a box of no.4's the slightly bigger ring gauge felt like it allowed me to smoke it down lower, worth it since it burned cooler for me when it became a nub.
Great quality smoke
- If you want to smoke a Montecristo No. 2 but only have 30 minutes this cigar is for you. It has the same quality and complexity in a smaller package.