Montecristo No.4 - 15 cigars (packs of 3) [5.1 x 42]
The Montecristo No.4 is full of flavor, warm and mellow when properly aged.
- • The thin ring gauge means this is a very direct and rapid burn and its responsiveness does not wane as it burns.
- • A rich and exciting blend like this needs some age to be at its best.
Wonderful tastes throughout to delight the palate. Always a consistent burn and draw.
The Montecristo No. 4 comes in 5 packs of 3 cigars with Habanos Packing Code D-C-C/P-3-n-15
Ring Gauge: 42
Shape: Petit Corona/Mareva
The Montecristo No. 4 is a very well constructed, very firm and well packed. Incredibly beautiful maduro wrapper, oily and silky.
Before lighting up
The cigar is very well constructed, very firm and well packed. Smooth, oily, chocolate wrapper, with little veins. Semi-box pressed with a lightly colored wrapper and nice cap.
The cigar lights up very easily. The draw is on the firm side, as expected from the beginning, but it's not unpleasant. Razor sharp burn.
It is medium bodied in the beginning, with strong taste of earth and wood, with hints of spice.
The cigar loads the palate with nutty notes and a hint of graham cracker. The draw is slightly looser, but still firm. The flavors are more complex, with the earthy flavor being more intense. The tones of creamy coffee and caramel appear.
Spice, wood, cocoa and fruits, all well balanced, deliver full and balanced creamy flavors. A lot of aging potential.
In summary: completely full Cuban flavors of mocha and spicy robust zest.
45 - 60 Minutes
|Length||5.1 inches (129mm)|
|Factory Shape||Petit Corona|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
Ordered these 10 days ago starting on a weekend, and arrived maybe faster than you'd expect, in about 7 days (US).
These have a wonderful draw, a lot easier than the no.5. Great notes of vanilla, coffee, cocoa, leather, and the rich Cuban earthiness,didn't notice much nuttiness at all though and had very slight sour notes.
I lit the cigar very hastily and half assed on purpose, and it self corrected itself with a nice sharp line after aggressively flicking the ash off, seemed to want to stay. Even burning perfect no matter what was thrown at it, 30-40 minute smoke, smoking aggressively.
- It really doesn't get much better than this. Hard to believe it could improve with age - looks like I'll never know... hehehe
Any time of day cigar!
- I just love these cigars. Morning, noon or night.
- Tried a No.4 from my 10-count sample pack. Bar a slight uneven burn, this was an enjoyable stick with good medium flavour and aftertaste.
- This is great smoke. Aside from the gage, which to me isn't very comfortable or appealing, the flavors are fantastic. Strong coffee and cocoa are dominant from beginning to end. Plenty of smoke and the draw is great. The value is one of the best in the Cuban cigar market for me. I really enjoyed this smoke.