Montecristo No.2 - 10 cigars [6.1 x 52]
The Montecristo No 2 is legendary.
- • A great example of how fantastic a great Habanos pyramid can be. It's simply the best!
- • Once you smoke a Montecristo No.2, you know what are Habanos all about.
This cigar is a must have in every connoisseur's humidor. A true classic.
Montecristo No 2 – 10 cigars comes in a dress box with Habanos Packing Code CB-UW-n-10-n-10
Ring Gauge: 52
The nice chocolate wrapper is very oily to the touch and has an excellent sheen in the light. Firmly packed. The foot looks well bunched.
Before lighting up
The cigar has aromas of oak, hay, coffee and earth. With the cold draw we get those flavors of coffee, cocoa, cream, hay and oak as well. There is a mild barnyard aroma to the wrapper. Simply lovely smell.
The construction is just perfect - the ash stays on for 3 inches. The draw was very slightly firm, and produces plenty of smoke.
The first third greets you with typical Montecristo flavors. The dominant flavors are of cocoa, coffee; some nice smoothness is also there along with cedar and earthy notes. We also detect some nuts, toast and light spices in the first third. Those classic Montecristo flavors are at their peak with the No.2 vitola. The burn line is clear and slightly wavy, a nice creamy smoke is surrounding you in the initial third while the cigar is medium in strength for now.
The second third of the cigar is consistent with the first third. Still the flavors of chocolate, espresso, nuts, cream and leather. The smoothness is well balanced with some light spices and woods flavors by the end of the second third.
The final third is wonderful. The smoke produced by the Montecristo No.2 is now full of aromas; the burn line is becoming more upright and the ash has a nice dark gray color. The flavors are still fairly similar to the first two thirds except that they are now more pronounced. This cigar delivers until the nub as some woody, leathery and spicy aromas are here to make sure you are still paying attention to it. The Montecristo No.2 is never overwhelming, and stays true to its medium body in strength.
In summary, this cigar is tough to beat. Simply the best!
90 - 105 Minutes
|Length||6.1 inches (156mm)|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
Great smoke, most have
- A great smoke with a nice smooth finish.
The Classic Monte
- Montecristo's most consistent cigar. The best of the Montes in my opinion. One you can never go wrong with and a must in your humidor! Mary and Ken, thanks for your professionalism! It truly makes ordering a joy with Cigar Terminal!
By Phil S.
Amazing cigars - Monte #2
- Wow, what a taste! and box was a little under a year born date. These cigars will only get better with time! I highly recommend cigar terminal for authentic Cubans, great prices and top-notch customer service!
One of the best and a good value!
- In my opinion, one of the best values out there given the consistent quality of this vitola. I've never smoked a bad No. 2. Construction is never a question. Burn and draw are good. Medium to medium-full body. Notes of earth, cedar, dark chocolate and coffee dominate. Just a hint of creaminess.
- Classic Cuban cigar! A must have in any humidor. Very nice scent, taste and burn line. Never disappoints!