La Gloria Cubana Medaille D'Or No.4 - 25 cigars [6.0 x 32]
Herbal, creamy and fresh pepper.
- • Pleasant fruity complex taste and aftertaste.
- • These are very exceptional little treats.
If you are able to find some - grab it and enjoy it.
The La Gloria Cubana Medaille D'Or No. 4 comes in a varnished 898 box with Habanos Packing Code 898-VW-SR-8,9,8-n-25
Length: 152 mm
Diameter: 12.70 mm
Ring gauge: 32
Shape: Slim Panetela / Palmitas
The wrapper is silky soft with a little oily texture to it. It is a light brown color with no veins to speak of, and the wrapper appears thin enough to see the details of the binder underneath.
Before lighting up
As cutting the triple cap and taking a cold draw, one gets a very sweet hay and grass notes with a little cedar in the background. There are similar notes coming off the foot of the cigar.
Also to note the draw is perfect and not tight at all.
Right from the start the cigar produces lots of smoke, while dissipating during the first third. The dominant flavors are of nuts and almonds. We can also detect some herbal notes, and some woody touches of cedar bark.
The second third goes on with the same flavor profile as in the first third. Aromas of nuts, like almonds and hazelnuts and rich fresh herbal aromas dominate. As the draw becomes even better, we can now appreciate the woody notes of moist cedar bark even more. In the background also appear some leathery notes and some touches of light graham cracker.
During the final third, the cigar produces even more smoke, but this doesn’t you to fully enjoy the flavors of the Medaille d’Or No.4. On top of the nutty and woody flavors, there are now notes of leather and dry fruits. The cigar also becomes hotter when it’s time to put it down.
In summary, this cigar produces lots of smoke, surely due to its excellent construction. But smoked slowly (as it should be), the Medaille d’Or No.4 offers all its richness for your palate.
60 - 75 Minutes
|Brand||La Gloria Cubana|
|Length||6.0 inches (152mm)|
|Factory Shape||Slim Panetela|
La Gloria Indeed!
- One has to love the presentation of this cigar - long sleek shape, nice varnished box. I'm not normally a big fan of skinny cigars, but this stick was very enjoyable (albeit a short smoke). Pre-light aroma was distinctively Cuban - rich tobacco and slight pepper. The burn was consistent and provided a lot of good tasty smoke. This cigar is great for a quick smoke.
Never had so much flavor from a small gauged cigar.
Smooth, huge amounts of vanilla and wood.
These must not get rushed out of the door like some more well-known brands.
Great looking cigars
- Great now - will be even better with a few years on them
- the wrapper glistens, a truly beautiful cigar, true cuban flavor profile
- this is what a true cuban tastes like~