Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robusto - 15 cigars (packs of 3) [4.0 x 50]
The Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robusto is a very elegant and complex Habano.
- • A cigar that is both short and complex. A perfect choice for a short break smoke.
- • The Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robusto is a rich puro, full of aromas but never aggressive.
The finish is outstanding.
The Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robustos comes in packs of 3 with Habanos packing code D-C-C/P-3-n-15
Ring Gauge: 50
Shape: Petit Robusto
The Hoyo Petit Robusto is a well constructed cigar, with a wrapper the shade of tan bark that is smooth and free of veins or wrinkles. The bunch is solid and the cap is perfectly applied.
Before lighting up
Pre-light draw is perfect with strong aromas of fruit and spices. Reminds us of the glory days of Cuba (Pre-Castro small cigars like Rey Del Mundo Royal Serie No.3).
The cigar lights up easy and draws very well from the beginning. A nice smooth draw throughout with a little touch up required to even out the burn. Burns cool throughout.
The cigar starts out with a little pepper, wood and earth with hints of leather. Starts the way some cigars start their final third. A small puff yields a mouthful of luscious smoke.
By the middle it turns to sweet hay more fruit and leather with some tobacco in the background.
By the end, it gets great, rounded out with a meaty, sautéed mushrooms and tobacco flavor. No bitterness detected at all. You hate for it to end while you burn your fingers.
We cannot stop smoking the last part even if we had to burn our fingers. A great cigar.
45 - 60 Minutes
|Brand||Hoyo de Monterrey|
|Length||4.0 inches (102mm)|
|Factory Shape||Petit Robusto|
|Strength||Light - Medium|
- Good cigar to enjoy driving to the golf course. Short but has strong taste.
Better than expected
- I had only tried the Nicaraguan copies of the Robusto. These were similar with stronger flavor but not harsh. Really enjoyed the extra taste.
- What a wonderfull way to start the day with this little champion and a black coffee. Great consistency of flavours from start to finish. A great morning smoke.
This is a great smoke. It is mild, but provides plenty of flavor. The amount of smoke is substantial and is packed with several flavors: mild cocoa and coffee, dried fruits, and some cream.
Fantastic for a morning smoke.
Best till the nub
"We cannot stop smoking the last part even if we had to burn our fingers. A great cigar."
This holds true. I was first introduced to this little fat monster in Malaysia duty free in packs of 3. Never expected it to taste as good as the epi 2.
Taught me a lesson, never judge a cigar by its size.