Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.2 SLB - 25 cigars [4.9 x 50]
The Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2 is one of the best examples of a robusto and probably in the top five of all brands robustos.
- • Milder than the Cohibas, but it a cut above the Upmanns.
- • A great Habano from Hoyo de Monterrey that should not be missing from the humidor of the true aficionado.
It is creamy and smooth yet it is robust. The aromas of tobacco are strong but the tastes of cocoa, cinnamon and dried berries make it a complex cigar.
Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2– 25 cigars comes in a sliding lid box (SLB) with Habanos Packing Code SLB-UW-GPSR-M-n-25
Ring Gauge: 50
The Epicure No 2 has a reddish brown wrapper much like cinnamon with a few very light veins. It is smooth to touch and a little oily. It is shiny in the light. It is nice and spongy.
Before lighting up
Strong aromas of earth are present on the foot. The pre-light draw is easy and smooth with a touch of cinnamon.
The cigar has a nice easy draw from the very beginning, that remains consistent all the way through, and produces clouds of smoke. The burn is even, where the burn gets slower and the flavor smokier. The ash reaches almost 2 inches in length.
The Epicure No. 2 starts with a strong shot of tobacco combined with deep flavors of moist soil and lots of spices. After few puffs on the cigar, the cigar becomes smoother and the flavors settle. The spiciness is gone, being replaced by dried fruits and sweet floral flavors, still trailing the earthy profile of the cigar. The spiciness is gone, being replaced by dried fruits and sweet floral flavors, still trailing the earthy profile of the cigar.
The Epicure No 2 gets sweeter as you smoke through the second third, with flavors of leather, honey and cocoa, and a long creamy finish – definitely its sweet spot!
The final third turns to a fuller body with the sweetness of caramelized sugar with hints of tobacco and leather in a creamy context.
In summary, this cigar is full in abundance in a well-constructed, even-burning, good-drawing smoke. It has loads of smoke and plenty of taste.
45 - 90 Minutes
|Brand||Hoyo de Monterrey|
|Length||4.9 inches (124mm)|
|Strength||Light - Medium|
First of all I am a first time customer..I got my cigars, Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure 2 very fast and in excellent condition. Everything checked out as far at them being authentic. I opened the box and was amazed at how good the cigars look, they were perfect in every way.
I had to have one and paired it with some fruity wine. The light was excellent and my first puff was easy and full of smoke. It was a little spicy at first and then settled down. The smoke was creamy and very tasty. It then changed to more of a floral taste and the last third had a tart taste that was great.
I now have smoked my second one and it was as good as my first....Cigar Terminal made itself a new customer. One more thing the price of cigars was very reasonable and much lower than some other online vendors that I checked.
By Phil S.
Hoyo epi #2
- Very good anytime cigar and tastes great down to the nub!
- I heard a lot about this cigar. Ordering was easy. Cigars arrived on time and in perfect shape. I haven't tasted as I plan to lay these down for a couple of years.
- I've had this cigar as part of the ongoing 20 gar sample special. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was, as my robusto choice is typically the Partagas Series D #4. It's also a milder flavor that I'm starting to prefer.
- My first Cuban Hoyo. This stick had a good spicy aroma before lighting up. The draw was a little tight at the start, but cleared up after about ten minutes. This was a fairly young cigar, and there were no distinct flavors. I had to pay a little more attention to this stick, as it went out twice. Overall a good smoke at a reasonable price.