Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.2 - 15 cigars (packs of 3) [4.9 x 50]
The Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2 is one of the best examples of a robusto and probably in the top five of all brands robustos.
- • Milder than the Cohibas, but it a cut above the Upmanns.
- • A great Habano from Hoyo de Monterrey that should not be missing from the humidor of the true aficionado.
It is creamy and smooth yet it is robust. The aromas of tobacco are strong but the tastes of cocoa, cinnamon and dried berries make it a complex cigar.
Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2– 15 cigars come in packs of 3 cigars. Habanos Packing Code D-C-C/P-3-n-15
Ring Gauge: 50
The Epicure No 2 has a reddish brown wrapper much like cinnamon with a few very light veins. It is smooth to touch and a little oily. It is shiny in the light. It is nice and spongy.
Before lighting up
Strong aromas of earth are present on the foot. The pre-light draw is easy and smooth with a touch of cinnamon.
The cigar has a nice easy draw from the very beginning, that remains consistent all the way through, and produces clouds of smoke. The burn is even, where the burn gets slower and the flavor smokier. The ash reaches almost 2 inches in length.
The Epicure No. 2 starts with a strong shot of tobacco combined with deep flavors of moist soil and lots of spices. After few puffs on the cigar, the cigar becomes smoother and the flavors settle. The spiciness is gone, being replaced by dried fruits and sweet floral flavors, still trailing the earthy profile of the cigar. The spiciness is gone, being replaced by dried fruits and sweet floral flavors, still trailing the earthy profile of the cigar.
The Epicure No 2 gets sweeter as you smoke though the second third, with flavors of leather, honey and cocoa, and a long creamy finish – definitely its sweet spot!
The final third turns to a fuller body with the sweetness of caramelized sugar with hints of tobacco and leather in a creamy context.
In summary, this cigar is full in abundance in a well-constructed, even-burning, good-drawing smoke. It has loads of smoke and plenty of taste.
45 - 90 Minutes
|Brand||Hoyo de Monterrey|
|Length||4.9 inches (124mm)|
|Strength||Light - Medium|
By The Bloke
- A true delight. Received it as part of Cigar Terminal's sampler pack and was well impressed. Balanced flavors, mild enough for a day-time smoke, yet hearty enough to stand up to your favourite single malt dram. Definitely worth a go!
- This is one of my favorite and complex flavor cigar. Very mild and smooth never turns bad on you. I highly recommend it.
A tasty treat
- Smooth very mild flavorful cigar that is great for any time of the day, I highly recommend.