Hoyo Epicure Especial - 10 cigars [5.6 x 50]
The Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial is a medium to full flavored cigar but medium in body and very smooth with touches of spice.
- • Epicure Especial is the flagship of the Epicure Line, which includes the Epicure No.1 and No.2 that have made these sizes the leading products of the Hoyo de Monterrey brand.
- • The communication codes will also be common, since they will all have the same second ring with the name of each commercial size printed on it.
The flavors are not typical Hoyo, however you can still tell it is Hoyo; rich, dark flavors of espresso, woods, vanilla, cocoa and hints of floral tobacco, very refined and extremely well balanced.
Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial – 10 cigars comes in a Sliding Lid Box (SLB) of cedar with Habanos Packing Code SLB-UW-GPSR-M-n-10
Ring Gauge: 50
The cigar has a beautiful triple cap. The wrapper is very light and silky, similar to a Connecticut Shade and has wonderful aromas of caramel, honey and leather. You also pick up a slight bit of cinnamon in the aroma but it is a mild spice. Oily and soft to the touch, the russet-colored wrapper gives off pre-light aromas of sweet hay and coffee.
Before lighting up
Strong aromas of earth are present on the foot. The pre-light draw is good.
This cigar burns evenly with an easy draw.
The cigar begins by showing a lot of earth but with a nice smoky cedar and a creamy presence as well. Also present is dark honey. The cigar is very mild in body. There is some cardamom and cumin present.
As the cigar progresses into the second third it takes on some floral notes along with leather, but also picks up the honey and cream that was present in the first third.
In the final third the cigar becomes much richer with wonderful notes of chocolate and cinnamon, but it still shows mostly oak, cedar and floral flavors to it. The cigar ends medium in body.
A surprisingly mild smoke considering the oily wrapper with perfect construction, burn and draw.
45 - 90 Minutes
|Brand||Hoyo de Monterrey|
|Length||5.6 inches (141 mm)|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
Sweet and complex
Love the Hoyo trademark flavors and this Especial doesn't disappoint providing a consistent and complex smoke with tasty fruity and woody notes.
I want more.
- Smoked 2-off from 20-CT sampler pack. This cigar represents all that is great in Cuban cigars.
A consistent cigar
Never had a poor one. Draw is consistent from stick to stick, burns evenly.
Flavours for me are mild-med, but had some more fuller bodied sticks in this line took out 1.5hr smoke, so one to take time over
Mild cigar excellent flavor
- Cigar was a little on the mild side but the flavor was very good. Draw was perfect and burned without relighting.
Amazing morning cigar
- One of my favourite morning cigars. Short and sweet.