Hoyo Epicure Especial Tubos - 15 cigars (packs of 3) [5.6 x 50]
The Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial is a medium to full flavored cigar but medium in body and very smooth with touches of spice.
- • Epicure Especial is the flagship of the Epicure Line, which includes the Epicure No.1 and No.2 that have made these sizes the leading products of the Hoyo de Monterrey brand.
- • The communication codes will also be common, since they will all have the same second ring with the name of each commercial size printed on it.
The flavors are not typical Hoyo, however you can still tell it is Hoyo; rich, dark flavors of espresso, woods, vanilla, cocoa and hints of floral tobacco, very refined and extremely well balanced.
Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial – Tubos - 15 cigars (packs of 3) with Habanos Packing Code D-C-C/P-3-A/T-15
Ring Gauge: 50
The cigar has a beautiful triple cap. The wrapper is very light and silky, similar to a Connecticut Shade and has wonderful aromas of caramel, honey and leather. You also pick up a slight bit of cinnamon in the aroma but it is a mild spice. Oily and soft to the touch, the russet-colored wrapper gives off pre-light aromas of sweet hay and coffee.
Before lighting up
Strong aromas of earth are present on the foot. The pre-light draw is good.
This cigar burns evenly with an easy draw.
The cigar begins by showing a lot of earth but with a nice smoky cedar and a creamy presence as well. Also present is dark honey. The cigar is very mild in body. There is some cardamom and cumin present.
As the cigar progresses into the second third it takes on some floral notes along with leather, but also picks up the honey and cream that was present in the first third.
In the final third the cigar becomes much richer with wonderful notes of chocolate and cinnamon, but it still shows mostly oak, cedar and floral flavors to it. The cigar ends medium in body.
A surprisingly mild smoke considering the oily wrapper with perfect construction, burn and draw.
45 - 90 Minutes
|Brand||Hoyo de Monterrey|
|Length||5.6 inches (141 mm)|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
By Dr Walt
Absolutely beautiful bstick
- An absolutely geogeous stick. As I pull it out of the tube, I'm met with the great tobacco and cedar aroma. wonderful amount of delicious creamy smoke. Medium to full in flavor and medium in strength. Very minor issue...because I was smoking in my car and keeping the ash small...the burn got a little uneven, but was easily corrected at the stoplight.
Covered in Plume
- When I opened my first tube I was happy to find a light brush of plume across the entire cigar. I decided to see what the others had in store, and they we all covered in plume. The first one I smoked was a bit stronger than the Especial's I have smoked before. Very earthy, with moments of spice and leather. Cigar terminal definitely keeps care of these before they ship them out.
When the cigar is pulled out of the tube, I was taken with oily sheen on the medium dark wrapper. The white, red, & gold band is striking. Great smoke.....even burn...no relights.
Smooth easy smoke. Not too strong, but not wimpy either. Cocoa, leather, & a bit earthy. Highest ranking cuban on CigAficion list for 2014
Cigar Aficianado's No. 4 cigar of 2014
- And well worth the distinction. Medium body and flavor, a nice break from the more full bodied cigars I prefer. Smoot with a hint of spice. Definitely recommend.