H.Upmann Magnum 46 Tubos - 15 cigars (packs of 3) [5.6 x 46]
Considered by some to be the best Corona Gorda.
- • Full-flavored yet refined.
- • Well-made, even burning with dark oily wrapper. Creamy and sweet.
This cigar is what H. Upmann is all about.
The H. Upmann Magnum 46 Tubos - 15 cigars comes in tin pack of 3 Cuban cigars in aluminium tubes with Habanos Packing Code D-C-C/P-3-A/T-15
Length: 143 mm
Diameter: 18.26 mm
Ring gauge: 46
Shape: Corona Gorda
The H. Upmann Magnum 46 has a light chocolate brown wrapper. When pressed between the fingers there is a slight give. It is almost without veins with tight seams and the tooth is very subdued. The triple cap is rounded and well applied, and the bunch is firm and consistent.
Before lighting up
The wrapper gives off scents of cedar, hay and the beloved barnyard. The foot smells of cedar and an aroma that reminds one of tamarind.
The Magnum 46 has a nice easy draw and burns a bit wavy but is self-correcting. No touch ups required.
The cigar greets you with smooth flavors; the body of the cigar is mild. However, the aftertaste is long enough to stay on the palate until then next draw. The whole first third is very creamy and mild. The cigar delivers rich spicy flavors of pepper, woody flavors of oak, fresh grassy flavors and some notes of graham cracker. By the end of the third, the cigar is releasing lots of sweet flavors with a pinch of sour taste from an orange zest. The aftertaste is of the flavors of the body, minus the orange tangy note.
The second third continues on the same flavor profile as the first, with a nice aroma of orange zest and with the addition of sweetened coffee, vanilla. The middle third is still very creamy. The flavors that lingered on the palate in the first third are now joined by some toast bread taste, with some light cream, and sweet coffee. The overall taste of the cigar is now a bit stronger, mild to medium and its main flavors are still of wood, composed by oak and cedar, coffee and some graham cracker.p>
The final third remains smooth with lots of cream, and its texture is now rich and chewy. The flavor profile is even sweeter, despite the orange zest in the background. In this final part, the flavors in the foreground are still similar to the first two parts. There are woody aromas of cedar, chocolate, coffee, graham cracker, toast and light cream. The body strength of the cigar increased again, but the balance of flavors is so good that it leaves a nice combination of tastes on the palate.
In summary, the Magnum 46 is very rich in flavors. It also a complex vitola that is a delight to smoke until the nob.
90 - 105 Minutes
|Length||5.6 inches (143 mm)|
|Factory Shape||Corona Gorda|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
- Received a box of these from May 05. Was very pleased at the aging on these. Very smooth and medium-bodied. Will definitely be a staple in the humi.
go to cigar
- I really enjoy the 46. Smooth, but with great flavor and power. The end has gotten a bit spicy on some, but still not overpowering. I enjoy the corona size and the Upmann are a great go to cigar when you don't want to spend even more on the cohiba iv, another favorite of mine. GET THESE!
- This is a fantastic cigar by every measure of critique. The ones I received from Cigar Terminal are from June 08. They are in perfect condition, almost uniformly covered with a light dusting of plume. Medium-bodied with a progressively complex flavor profile, burns evenly and not too hot. Absolutely beautiful from pre-light to burned finger tips!