Fonseca No.1 - 25 cigars [6.4 x 43]
Very well manufactured, it is a small gem.
- • This is the most popular Fonseca.
- • A medium bodied smoke ideal for an afternoon break.
Milder than most Cuban cigars it is still full of sophisticated, complex flavors.
The Fonseca No. 1 come in a cedar box, trademark tissue wrapped with Habanos Packing Code CB-UW-C/L-12,13-S/F-25
Ring Gauge: 43
A very nice brownish wrapper with very tiny veins that has a soft touch. The triple cap is perfect.
Before lighting up:
The pre-light draw is of light hay and chocolate.
The burn is even and sharp and the ash holds firm. The draw is smooth and easy but not too loose.
The initial third starts with sweet touches of nuts and cream, the aromas surely sweet but there is a decent pinch of salt bitterness as well. It is a delight.
During the second third, you are surrounded by a dense and milky smoke coming from the cigar. The major flavors are of salted nuts. Delicious.
In the final third, the cigar flavors evolve and the coffee and cream aromas now stand out. Nevertheless there is a distant sweetness sporadic flower taste hints.
In summary, these Fonseca No 1’s are a joy to smoke. They are under appreciated.
Smoking time: 60 - 90 Minutes
|Length||6.4 inches (162mm)|
|Strength||Light - Medium|
Fine looking cigar
- This was a fine looking cigar. The box presentation is wonderful. The pre-light aroma was medium bodied and very pleasant. Upon lighting, a vein burned about a half-inch from the foot, but stopped there. It didn't impact the overall burn.This was probably a one-off occurrence. This stick produced a lot of good flavorful smoke. Looking forward to these getting some age in the humidor.
Flavorful, rich, but nice and mild.
A fantastic cigar when looking for flavor without getting killed. This is my go to when wanting a good barny, leathering, woody cigar without the punch of something like a bold Partagas.
Great for mornings, or when evening comes and want to put tour feet up amd have a flavorful cigar that is relaxed.
Mild Yet Packed With Flavor
- Fonseca, love them. The NO 1 is a fantastic cigar on the mild side yet doesnt sacrifice flavor. Barny, woody, earthy, and mildly aromatic. A must have.
- Need some downtime (3 years minimum from box date in my experience), but then you have a cigar that is supremely balanced, complex. I cannot divide this cigar into thirds because it is a constantly evolving masterpiece that typically leaves me guessing from puff to puff. One of the milder Havanas, strength-wise.
- From the very moment I have opened the box I knew it it is going to be a fantastic experience. I have never had a Fonseca before, it has become my favorite, very easy to smoke, and beautiful cigar. Nice smell and taste, medium bodied, well made. Highly recommended. It have plenty of relaxing time with it.