Fonseca Cosacos - 25 cigars [5.3 x 42]
The Fonseca Cosacos is a very good option for a medium cigar with lots of flavors.
- • A perfect cigar for beginners but also for experienced smokers that enjoy its complexity.
- • Very mellow smoke with lots of wood, earth, hay and lots of sweetness (chocolate, vanilla.
This cigar simply delivers a great smoking experience for an outdoor activity or a mid-day break.
The Fonseca Cosacos - 25 Cigars comes in a dress box with Habanos Packing CB-UW-C/L-12.13-S/F-25
Length: 135 mm
Diameter: 16.67 mm
Ring gauge: 42
The Fonseca Cosaco, like all Fonseca, is wrapped in a beautiful white tissue paper with the gold Fonseca band on it. Once the band opened, the white tissue paper reveals a well-rolled cigar which wrapper has a nice dark brown (Maduro) color. There is a nice sheen of oil on it, the cigar is very smooth, and there are few tiny veins on the surface. The packing of the cigar is even and well done, the triple cap, typical Fonseca, is flat and blunt shaped. There is no hard spot on the cigar, just enough give between the fingers.
Before lighting up
The wrapper smells of sweet tobacco, some light hay. Once cut, very easily by the way, there is also some spice on the nose. The cold draw gives some chocolate, sweet tea, some wood and a hint of flowers.
The draw is flawless right away, lighting the cigar is fine. With the first puffs rich flavors come to the palate, some toasted nuts, vanilla and some floral characteristics. It starts off very smoothly, the burn line is clean and even and each puff releases a generous amount of white smoke.
The cigar starts off with mild strength flavors, aromas of tea, spices, wood and leather. The flavors are rich, smooth with a bit of sweetness from flowers and chocolate. The finish is long. The strength of the cigar increases as the cigar goes, the burn line is sharp and a nice gray ash is building up on the foot.
In the middle third, the strength of the cigar picks up, and it is now definitely a medium body, the flavors are still very rich and delicate. The tea faded, leaving more space for chocolate, coffee, vanilla, earth, toasted nuts and hints of wood. The finish is still long and herbaceous.
In the final third, the flavors are still amazingly rich, with still lots of nuts, wood, earth and pepper. The finish is spicy, with lots of barnyard, wood, and roasted coffee, roasted nuts and toast. The body is well in the medium range, and the draw continues to be perfect until the end.
In summary, it is a very enjoyable smoke that has very rich flavors and a medium body.
60 – 90 Minutes
|Length||5.3 inches (135mm)|
|Strength||Light - Medium|
- Anytime I buy a box its always constant. A very well made always a nice even burn also a very tasteful cigar a well balanced smoke
Good cigar reasonable price
- Haven't had a Fonseca in a long time a good everyday smoke at a reasonable price. A cigar good cigar for the occasional smoker . And good enough to satisfy a seasoned smoker
- Excellent smoke extremely flavorful. More of a full body cigar
By El Fumador
Decent for the price but better with age
- I once found an aged 5-pack of these abandoned in the stairwell of a parking garage. They were dark brown and oily and of course were something to get very excited about. Smoking confirmed they were awesome. Unfortunately buying some more later never got me the same result as they were too fresh and ho-hum. If you buy them, put them in the back of your humidor and try them in 3-5 years. Great price for the size.