Cohiba Siglo VI SLB - 10 cigars [5.9 x 52]
The Cohiba Siglo VI possesses excellent construction. It is beauty to behold. It has a smooth burn and good draw. The smoke is rich and abundant.
- • You should have one of these on every special occasion.
- • Without a doubt the best cigar Cohiba ever made, if not the best in all Cuban cigar.
These are perfect for all smokers as they have a great moist rich black cherry flavor but are not as strong as the Robusto or the Esplendido.
The Cohiba Siglo VI comes in a black lacquered varnished wooden box with top sliding lid box (SLB) containing 10 cigars tied with a yellow ribbon with Habanos packing code SLB-VW-C/L-5-n-10
Length: 150 mm
Diameter: 20.64 mm
Ring gauge: 52
The wrapper has a beautiful caramel brown color. The cigar is firm to the touch and the wrapper has only a few small veins and has a nice sheen in the light along with a great triple cap as well.
Before lighting up
The foot of the cigar releases lots of aromas before lighting it up, such as grassy tones, cedar, spices, leather and coffee. They are true Cohiba aromas. The wrapper shows an aroma of cedar, barnyard, and a subtle fruit taste that reminds us of cognac.
Once the cigar light-up, the burn line is neat. The draw is near perfect, much more open than most Habanos. It allows all the aromas smelt before to be released, with the addition of some tangy citrus pinch.
In the first third, the Siglo VI right off the bat shows its Cohiba character, lots of flavors and light body. The main flavors are of coffee and wood, soon joined by some leather, citrus zest and some sweet notes of fruits. The cigar is rich and complex, and its body strengthens by the end of the first third, being a medium-full by the beginning of the second third. The burn line is neat. The ash has a nice brownish grey color and the cigar produces a generous smoke.
The second third of the cigar shows more complexity and even stronger flavors. The spices are still very strong, with the addition of some Asian spices. Some woody flavors of cedar and some taste of coffee also appear. As for many Cohibas, the citrus tangy taste is predominant in this second third, while some earthy notes appear. The whole mix of sweet, sour and spicy flavors is perfect. Somehow the strength of the body softens to be more a medium to medium full. The ash has still its beautiful brownish grey color; the burn is still perfect and there is still that abundant smoke.
The last third is as pleasing as the first two. All the classic Cohiba flavors are here, tangy citrus, coffee, cedar, hay and spices, the earthy flavors are more discreet. The burn line is still awesome and neat. The ash darkens to a dark grey color. The strength of the cigar stays around medium. The cigar gets a little warm in the fingers when reaching the nub, but there are still lots of flavors. Lots of smoke is still generated for this entire final third.
In summary, this cigar is made in order to satisfy the most discriminating and well seasoned cigar connoisseurs who expect perfection.
90 - 105 Minutes
|Length||5.9 inches (150mm)|
What a Pleasure!
- Beautiful presentation in a SLB and wonderful construction. Grass, leather, and woody on the pre-light nose. Once lit, the fun begins. The Siglo VI is medium to full-bodied throughout the smoke. The burn was pretty even throughout and the draw was effortless. One of my favorite parts is the copious amount of smoke that these cigars produce. Flavors of nut, wood, and, for me, a hint of honey added a bit of sweetness to the aftertaste for the first half of the cigar. In the second half, the toasty notes really took over and the flavor became much fuller. Overall, a pleasure to smoke. Just be sure to set aside a good 90 minutes with your favorite rum or scotch.
The Aroma Alone Is Intoxicating!
- Again CT, comes thru with some great looking Cohibas. Nice Aroma, Good Construction. Thanks guys! I've smoked a handful of these and it's truly a great cigar. Personally, I'd never had this out to someone that doesn't smoke cigars or a novice, better to have them try something less complex. The magic in these cigars that cut them above the rest is the nuances and balance of the flavors. That's why as much as you can resist diving in and finishing the box, wait. Let them age. Overall, just a great special occasion cigar! 9/10 in my book! A staple of a great humidor!
- Was extremely excited when I received my box in the mail. With all this talk of it being the best Cuban coming out of Cuba, I couldn't wait to see for myself. Even with just a couple months on my box it smoked beautifully. I have to agree it is amazing I would highly recommend the siglo 6 to anyone novice or veteran.
Even better than before
- With only a year in my box its smoking wonderfully. Easy one to nub. The ash held on until the end. Delicious!!!
Jump on these when they're in stock.
- One of the best cigars on the market period. You can light these up straight from the box but unbelievably they do get better with a little age to them.