Cohiba Robustos - 15 cigars (packs of 3) [4.9 x 50]
The Cohiba Robustos are unique because they have a great construction, with colorado claro wrapper, with almost no veins and an awesome foot.
- • Many view this robusto to be the best in the world due to its richness, complexity and strength. It is a true masterpiece thanks to Cohiba’s unparalleled quality.
- • Prepared with exquisite care, it has many common characters with his elder brother, the Esplendidos.
- • Both a work of art and a delight to the palate.
Very good burning with three well-defined parts, the first one with light flavors of grass and pepper, the second part with vanilla, and the third displays a strong tobacco flavor and chocolate tones with an undertone of barnyard.
Cohiba Robustos - 15 cigars comes in packs of 3, Habanos Packing Code D-C-C/P-3-C/B-15
Length: 124 mm
Diameter: 19.85 mm
Ring gauge: 50
Like every Cohiba, the Robusto is a beautiful cigar. It has a light tan colored, oily wrapper, some very smooth veins and some wrinkles. The bunch is solid and the triple cap is flat and well applied.
Before lighting up
Strong aromas of earth and vanilla can be found on the foot of the cigar and the pre-light draw is perfect. A couple of puffs leave on your lips a subtle salty taste. Black honey notes are dominant, married to a delicate spiciness. A delicious pre-light draw.
The ash is firm, dark grey in color, and reaches more than two inches in length before it falls of. The draw is perfect all the way through from foot to cap, delivering thick rich smoke, with the distinctive Cohiba creamy texture. The draw is great from the very start that is supple and ample.
The delicate taste of black honey with hints of spiciness is dominant in the first third. The classic Cohiba characteristics of grassiness appear from the first draw. Medium to full bodied at the start, earthy and creamy flavors and a peppery finish.
Into the second third, the cigar becomes more complex exhibiting wood, caramel, honey and cedar. Has plenty of earth and wood, all perfectly balanced in great harmony.
In the last third the flavors get stronger and the body fuller. Notes of cocoa and leather are adding to its huge complexity. The Cohiba Robusto is simply delicious!
In summary, consistent with great draw and burn, smokes for about 60 minutes growing in strength starting off medium ending beautifully with full creaminess and rich great strength with a clean aftertaste on the palate.
45 - 90 Minutes
|Length||4.9 inches (124mm)|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
I love the Robusto as it is a high quality Cohiba cigar for a reasonable price. The Robusto size is perfect, in my opinion. I love the packaging. Three per pack makes for a great traveling box.
With the crop issues in Cuba the past couple of years it's nice to purchase Cohibas because Cuba is sure to always give them their best tobacco from the crops.
- A very nice cigar all round. Not sure that it has the Wow factor Vs price point. That said would happily enjoy another from my next CT sampler pack.
Me Gusta mucho!!!
- Acquired one from the Cuban Sampler. Razor sharp, even burn throughout with an excellent draw. The start was earthy with nice strength, but smooth. Flavors built to a crescendo of woody and cedar with a hint of cocoa sweetness. My top lip is still smarting from the burn I received from the nub; well worth it, though!
By Dr Roberto
A bold cigar
- Smoked in a glade in the woods with a Belgian ale and a little music. Perfectly built like any Cohiba. Strongly flavored at the first, with an elegant nose and abundant leathery tone. Kept a bold flavor down to the half, I smoked it slowly and savored it. Coming back indoors I took a last puff and let it go out at the half way point. Lit it the next day and the stump was surprisingly mellower than the cigar had been, I found more variety and even a little vanilla, which I had not found in the first half. FInished it with abundant pleasure. One of the better cigars I have smoked this year.
I just love these cigars, they are great in every aspect.
They have a very beautiful appearance, with an aroma that is out of this world. They are also very well constructed but you may find one in your order that will not burn and draw perfectly, but this is a rare thing !!!
They also have a great flavor, really balanced blend ! I love the woody touch.
Needless to say that CT is the right company to sell the right cigars. It has been a wonderful experience.
Thanks a lot.