Cohiba Maduro 5 Secretos - 25 cigars [4.3 x 40]
Cohiba Secretos’ mark of excellence is the abundance of flavor.
- • Cedar, oak, chocolate, cashew, and coffee come together to give gratifying intensity.
- • What makes its trademark are the extra aging of the tobacco and the attention given to the leafs in the rolling.
The use of a Maduro wrapper is very rare for Cohiba and this is where its strength comes from.
The Cohiba Maduro 5 Secretos comes in a varnished boite nature box of 25 cigars with Habanos Packing Code BN-VW-n-10-n-10
Length: 110 mm
Diameter: 15.87 mm
Ring gauge: 40
Shape: Secretos/Petit Corona
This is a real looker and very well constructed. The dark chocolate wrapper is simply gorgeous. It calls out to you. Smoke me.
Before lighting up
The cigar gives a wonderful taste of dark chocolate prior to lighting.
It has a wonderful draw and built a straight white ash with each puff.
Cinnamon, cardamom, coffee, and classic Cohiba grass are the predominant flavors. The aroma is all Cohiba.
Some sweet notes start to appear (caramel and/or toffee) along with that Cuban twang. Also detected some more coffee and a little more of that Cohiba grassiness.
Flavors open up with some aged tobacco and leather. Extremely well balanced and complex.
In summary, this cigar is a powerhouse full of rich flavors packed into a small format.
45 - 60 Minutes
|Length||4.3 inches (110mm)|
|Factory Shape||Petit Corona|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
More than expected
- I bought these because cigar terminal was out of the SIG IVs. I read good reviews about these and the cigar held up to them. Nice draw and smooth taste. Long burn for a short stogie. I am glad I bought them
Top of Cuban Cigars
- my next wish list to purchase
By The Bloke
This Little Guy Packs a Wallop
Bold, aromatic, with mild touches of spice over a clean 45-minute burn.
Upon first blush, these little guys seemed rather spicy, but they quickly mellowed out in my humidor, settling into a consistently delightful flavour from start to finish. Having tried a number of Cohibas (e.g., Siglos, Robustos, Behikes) and a varied assortment of other brands, the Secreto has become my go-to smoke, perfect for any occassion, with little lingering effects in terms of hangover or pungency.
Pairs extremely well with sherry casked Highland single malts.
Great smoke, especially after some rest
- A great smoke with a flavor only found in a Cuban maduro. Also it had a little bitterness, but 6 months later. AMAZING!