Punch Punch - 25 cigars [5.6 x 46]
An excellent cigar, earthy and full of flavors.
- • Followers of Punch Punch are very loyal to this cigar.
- • It has both a splendid draw and a great combustion.
The Punch Punch is a remarkable cigar. A real joy to smoke. Highly recommended.
Punch Punch 25 Cigars comes in a boite nature box with Habanos Packing code CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25
Length: 143 mm
Diameter: 18.26 mm
Ring gauge: 46
Shape: Corona Gorda
A rustic looking Maduro wrapper that is quite oily. Good foot and a well applied triple cap.
Before lighting up
The pre-draw delivers spice and honey flavors.
Easy draw and uniform in its burn.
The first puffs are of cedar, and like a good Cuban, has just a hint of spice. The start is quite mild but the power increases little by little.
The second third, some strong leather notes appear and the stick is getting stronger, it's still medium-bodied though.
The final third is rather earthy and close to full-bodied. Nice flavor, Not very complex but still an excellent “go-to” cigar as an everyday smoke.
In summary, a great everyday type of smoke. Never disappoints. A classic Cuban.
45 - 90 Minutes
|Length||5.6 inches (143 mm)|
|Factory Shape||Corona Gorda|
- Has that great Punch classic taste. Had a few that were a little tightly rolled near the cap, but only a few in the box were like that. The rest, great draw, lots of smoke in every puff, even burn, great taste. Would definitely buy again!
Salty....but in a good way
- Unappreciated....never my go to smoke, but when I do smoke one, I think ......why aren't I smoking more of these. Salty on the lips, cocoa on the palate. I need to quit taking this stick for granted.
Very good smoke
My first time to smoke a Punch Punch. Box dated July 2013.
Very nice from start to finish. Classic Cuban taste. Had always heard of this well-known smoke, so had high expectations. Was not disappointed for the price point.
- Got a box of these and it happened to be an 09 box. I couldn't resist so smoked one right off the truck (ROTT). I thought I would have a hard-to-draw cigar like the previous review stated (based on the way the cigar felt when I picked one up), however, it turned out to be a good draw. Was also not bad ROTT... Wife even took a few puffs and liked it. This is not a powerful cigar which is perfectly fine with me. I am actually excited to see how these will be in about 2-3 years. I do plan on buying another box :)
By PollyWolly (The Cigar Bird)
A Great Old Standby
The size of the Punch Punch is probably one of the most popular sizes in Cuban cigar history. And now, as a former "mammoth only" cigar smoker, I enjoy this size as much as any I have ever smoked.
This Habano recalls the days of old Cuba and is probably one of the most mentioned cigars in novels and even great classics. What I am saying is that it has achieved notable pedigree through the history it has created for itself. It is one of the best known cigars in the world.
Given that degree of eminence, it is unfortunately not the cigar that some may think it is when they try it for the first time. Not to say that this is not a worthy Habano, because it certainly is without question.
Consequently, it just doesn't measure up to the level of greatness that is found in many of its siblings in the Punch lineup. While it remains an enjoyable cigar to smoke, it lacks the (pardon the pun) punch that a stellar Habano can deliver.
There is also another significant problem that I have experienced with every box I have ever purchased: that is the dreaded ordeal of a hard-to-draw cigar. At least half of the cigars have this problem, while a few can even be totally plugged. UGH, I hate that!
Yes, I still buy them, smoke them, and truly enjoy them. Just think of them as that old girl friend who was difficult at times, but on that rare occasion when she sat peaceably and batted her beautiful eyes at you and...