H.Upmann Magnum 46 SLB - 25 cigars [5.6 x 46]
Considered by some to be the best Corona Gorda.
- • Full-flavored yet refined.
- • Well-made, even burning with dark oily wrapper. Creamy and sweet.
This cigar is what H. Upmann is all about.
The H Upmann Magnum 46 comes in a sliding lid box (SLB) with Habanos Packing Code SLB-UW-GPSR-M-n-25
Length: 143 mm
Diameter: 18.26 mm
Ring gauge: 46
Shape: Corona Gorda
The H. Upmann Magnum 46 has a light chocolate brown wrapper. When pressed between the fingers there is a slight give. It is almost without veins with tight seams and the tooth is very subdued. The triple cap is rounded and well applied, and the bunch is firm and consistent.
Before lighting up
The wrapper gives off scents of cedar, hay and the beloved barnyard. The foot smells of cedar and an aroma that reminds one of tamarind.
The Magnum 46 has a nice easy draw and burns a bit wavy but is self-correcting. No touch ups required.
The cigar greets you with smooth flavors; the body of the cigar is mild. However, the aftertaste is long enough to stay on the palate until then next draw. The whole first third is very creamy and mild. The cigar delivers rich spicy flavors of pepper, woody flavors of oak, fresh grassy flavors and some notes of graham cracker. By the end of the third, the cigar is releasing lots of sweet flavors with a pinch of sour taste from an orange zest. The aftertaste is of the flavors of the body, minus the orange tangy note.
The second third continues on the same flavor profile as the first, with a nice aroma of orange zest and with the addition of sweetened coffee, vanilla. The middle third is still very creamy. The flavors that lingered on the palate in the first third are now joined by some toast bread taste, with some light cream, and sweet coffee. The overall taste of the cigar is now a bit stronger, mild to medium and its main flavors are still of wood, composed by oak and cedar, coffee and some graham cracker.p>
The final third remains smooth with lots of cream, and its texture is now rich and chewy. The flavor profile is even sweeter, despite the orange zest in the background. In this final part, the flavors in the foreground are still similar to the first two parts. There are woody aromas of cedar, chocolate, coffee, graham cracker, toast and light cream. The body strength of the cigar increased again, but the balance of flavors is so good that it leaves a nice combination of tastes on the palate.
In summary, the Magnum 46 is very rich in flavors. It also a complex vitola that is a delight to smoke until the nob.
90 - 105 Minutes
|Length||5.6 inches (143 mm)|
|Factory Shape||Corona Gorda|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
I didn't real enjoy these when I first got them. But after a month in my humidor wow what a difference. Now I actually prefer these! Great taste and not a over powering nicotine buzz, which I like. Mild to Medium. They seem to have a looser draw then other cigars but they burn great, solid burn line on all of the one's I've had. Flavors are great very classic cedar, wood, & rich tobacco.
A very classic cigar and a timeless taste. I'd highly recommend getting a box of these!
By El Fumador
Nice and creamy
- These are great especially if you age them a bit.
- took 8 business days to receive... ordered a box of the magnums, along with cohiba siglo IV and hoyo epicure especial.... the magnums are great, medium-bodied, full-flavored, serial #'s verified....the real deal! thanks so much!! will be ordering more!
- Just received a box, APR 2013, and gave them one week in the humidor. Finally could not wait any longer and lit on up. Great construction with no burn issues. The draw was a bit tight but not enough to cause concern. Good amount of smoke and the nice rich flavor with spice, but not as smooth as I hoped. Going to let them age a bit and I am sure the will smooth out and get better and better. Gave it 4 stars for now but I am sure this will be a 5 star cigar with age.
Full thick smoke
- Great stick. Earthy woody & rich tobacco smell and taste from the start to finish. Thick creamy smoke....almost chewy, if smoke can be chewy. I look forward to enjoying more of the Magnum 46