Vegas Robaina Famosos - 25 cigars [5.0x 48]
An often neglected but awesome complex cigar. Very nice construction, with lots of creamy smoke, a nice clean burn and an easy draw.
- • Some taste of star anise and a trace of saltiness on the lips.
- • Creamy toasted nuts and toffee.
A very well balanced robusto packed with complex flavor.
The Vegas Robiana Famosos comes in a dress box with Habanos Packing Code CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25
Length: 127 mm
Diameter: 19.05 mm
Ring gauge: 48
Shape: Hermosos No 4
A dark oily wrapper. A delight to the eyes. Very well constructed.
Before lighting up
A very nice tobacco aroma with a bit of barnyard, some hint of herbs. Foot smells of leather and tobacco and a hint of coffee.
A slightly wavy self-correcting burn but with and even easy draw.
The first third is medium in body with plenty of dark cocoa and a hint of pepper.
The taste of pepper is more prominent in the second third with a touch of cream and dark honey. Dark cocoa is also present throughout this section with a medium to full body on the palate.
Final third was more intense and becomes spicier with creamy dark chocolate with some espresso to the palate.
In summary, a fine robusto to rival the top 5.
60 - 80 Minutes
|Length||5.0 inches (127mm)|
|Factory Shape||Corona Extra|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
one of my favorites
- VR has always been one of my go-to smokes, the aroma when i opened that box made my toes curl..... took about 1 week to receive them....and they're smokin' lovely
Go for it !
- Maybe the most affordable worthwhile robusto which introduce to the class of this kind. Much better than the Choix suprême of Rey Del Mundo, quite bland, the Famosos is a clean and aromatic taste typical of what could be the Robaina mark, where the ligero is well balanced with the seco on purpose to allow an easy day smoke for any time. The perfect first smoke of the morning or to accompany a coffee.
A Spicy Cuban Robusto
- I purchased this box of Vegas Robaina from Cigar Terminal with a 6/10 date code. I was pleasantly surprised by this Cuban cigar. Beautiful wrapper with a slight box press. Burning characteristics are excellent. I pulled a 2 inch ash before let it go. The cigar starts off with mild spice but soon the spice becomes the major taste. Sneaky strong, treat with respect. Very enjoyable!