Juan Lopez Seleccion No.2 SLB - 25 cigars [4.9 x 50]
The Juan Lopez Seleccion No.2 is one of the best examples of a Robusto and for many connoisseurs; this vitola may be classified in the "Top 5 Robustos".
- • Take the time to discover the Juan Lopez Seleccion No.2, and you will have a delightful experience.
- • The flavor of the blend makes it an attractive choice for those who seek medium bodied and complex Habanos in a shorter smoke time.
The robusto size smoker will really appreciate this cigar. The burn is even, slow and the amounts of smoke released are copious and thick.
Juan Lopez Seleccion No. 2– 25 cigar comes in a Sliding Lid Box (SLB) of cedar with Habanos Packing Code SLB-UW-GPSR-M-n-25
Length: 124 mm
Diameter: 19.85 mm
Ring gauge: 50
The Seleccion No.2 is a well presented cigar. It has a smooth reddish brown wrapper with a few soft veins. The wrapper seems to be nice and thin, and silky smooth. It has a nice loose bunch and feels spongy on its whole length. The triple cap is rounded and well applied.
Before lighting up
There are strong aromas of cedar and earth as expected from its’ spongy feel. It leaves saltiness on the lips.
In the beginning the cigar delivers a great amount of thick white smoke with a long roasted nut finish. The draw is easy and smooth; the ash is grey and flaky and stays on the cigar for the first third.
On the first draw the cigar has the flavor of hot pepper, which gradually disappears, leaving a taste of moss, grass and earth, and a medium to full body.
During the second third the No.2 turns sweeter with mango and pineapple and floral flavors joining the mix.
Finishes off with a taste of earth and roasted nuts.
In summary, this is an amazing cigar that is practically unknown for the masses - a real dark horse in the humidor.
45 - 90 Minutes
|Length||4.9 inches (124mm)|
Age is a good thing
- While these can be smoked young...with a little aging (1-2 years) they are even better. The dried fruit, noticeably oranges are more pronounced with age...and it only gets smoother with age.
Better second time around
- Tried this blend about two years ago and was a tad underwhelmed with it. Thought it lacked complexity. Now two years later tried it again and it was much improved. Flavor was full bodied, not overpowering but you know it was going to be smooth. Only small complaint was the construction needed several re lights.
best robusto cuban
- IMO - this is the best robusto cuban in regular production
- in my top 3 cubans, all were dark and oily, arrived in about a week, thanks!
A real classic cigar - one of my favorites
I always make sure that I have an ongoing supply of these. I try to age them for at least 4 years - so the current box I purchased will be cracked open in 2018 (box date received was 2014).
I still have a box of Coronas (no longer made) and these come pretty darn close to their characteristics.