Hoyo Petit Robusto SLB - 25 cigars [4.0 x 50]
The Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robusto is a very elegant and complex Habano.
- • A cigar that is both short and complex. A perfect choice for a short break smoke.
- • The Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robusto is a rich puro, full of aromas but never aggressive.
The finish is outstanding.
The Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robustos comes in a sliding lid box (SLB) with Habanos packing code SLB-UW-GPSR-M-n-25
Ring Gauge: 50
Shape: Petit Robusto
The Hoyo Petit Robusto is a well constructed cigar, with a wrapper the shade of tan bark that is smooth and free of veins or wrinkles. The bunch is solid and the cap is perfectly applied.
Before lighting up
Pre-light draw is perfect with strong aromas of fruit and spices. Reminds us of the glory days of Cuba (Pre-Castro small cigars like Rey Del Mundo Royal Serie No.3).
The cigar lights up easy and draws very well from the beginning. A nice smooth draw throughout with a little touch up required to even out the burn. Burns cool throughout.
The first third starts out with a little pepper, wood and earth with hints of leather. Starts the way some cigars start their final third. A small puff yields a mouthful of luscious smoke.
By the middle the cigar turns to sweet hay more fruit and leather with some tobacco in the background.
The finish gets great, rounded out with a meaty, sautéed mushrooms and tobacco flavor. No bitterness detected at all. You hate for it to end while you burn your fingers.
We cannot stop smoking the last part even if we had to burn our fingers. A great cigar.
45 - 60 Minutes
|Brand||Hoyo de Monterrey|
|Length||4.0 inches (102mm)|
|Factory Shape||Petit Robusto|
|Strength||Light - Medium|
Age this more than a month
- So like all my sticks that I order from Cigar Terminal--I smoke 1 the day I receive my boxes and 1 a month later. Sometimes this makes a difference and sometimes it doesn't. It absolutely made a difference with this stick. To me the stick was fairly full-bodied. The stick I tried the day I got it wasn't great and I started to worry a bit, but it made a 180 after a month in the humi. 3 stars is fair considering I rarely give a 5.
Perfect Smoking Time
When I was stationed in Iraq I was trying all the different of Cubans I could get. I found that this Cigar was perfect. I never knew how long a turn around on a mission would be and I hate to toss a good Cigar. I could enjoy this and not worry about tossing it. If time went longer I could light a second.
It is an easy light, cool smoke. The flavor becomes bolder as the smoke goes along. The ring gauge allows for a cool slow burn. With a V cut you get both a cool smoke and full flavor.
Many cigars may be quality but often the price is extremely high. This Cigar is great quality with a good price. Most people do not seem to think of Hoyas when looking at Cubans, so this cigar is usually in stock when I wont them.
Smooth Quick Smoke..
- This is a great cigar when you don't have time for a longer format. Really smooth smoke, nice flavors lots of stone-fruit and has a good burn line. I'd recommend this cigar to anyone looking for something enjoyable but doesn't have the time to have another Hoyo that takes more time.
Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robusto
- Really a good cigar: fuller in strenght and taste then the usual Hoyo, it is a perfect cigar for a short interval but it is suitable for an after dinner too (ok, maybe not for after new year's eve dinner...). It starts sweet, but in the second third I noticed a nice pepper taste. Really a great surprise, considered also its age: with some cellaring it will improve for sure.
Love at first smoke!
- I love these little stogies. They produce ample creamy smoke with smooth flavors. A good 45 - 1 hr smoke. The burn is nice and even on these beauties. Love 'em.