Ramon Allones Specially Selected - 25 cigars [4.9 x 50]
The Ramon Allones Specially Selected is bold but never overwhelming.
- • This robusto is medium in strength and full of flavor and aromas.
- • Nice deep cocoa taste but this cigar can still be overwhelming towards the end.
In summary, the Ramon Allones Specially Selected a great cigar to enjoy after dinner with a digestive.
Ramon Allones Specially Selected – 25 cigars comes in a Dress Box of cedar with Habanos Packing Code CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25
Ring Gauge: 50
The Ramon Allones Specially Selected is very well presented. It is box pressed and has dark, oily and shiny wrapper with no flaws. The triple cap is rounded and well applied. The cigar is well packed and firm, with the foot being spongier.
Before lighting up:
The pre-light aroma has some cedar tones and sweet tobacco scents. The pre-light draw is sweet, easy and mouth watering. The cigar is nicely rolled with no soft spots.
The draw is perfect, and the cigar delivers a thick and rich smoke with a long, spicy finish. The ash is solid, grey in color and stays in the cigar half way down. When it falls off, it reveals a perfectly shaped coal, the burn gets even and stays like that until the end.
The cigar starts with some cedar tones with a cracked pepper finish. It quickly gives way to hints of black cherry and honey sweetened coffee with some mild almond undertones that made their appearance after approximately 1 cm. The cigar remains sweet with small hints of salt on the lips for the first third. The best way to describe the sweetness of this cigar would be “creamy sweet” often tasting like a very rich and creamy cappuccino sweetened with a touch of honey.
The cigar remains cool, never heating up yielded so much smoke, and tasty creamy smoke at that. The hint of bitter black coffee experienced at the halfway point quickly gives way again to sweet coffee, honey and black cherry flavors with the occasional nutty and very subtle pepper undertones.
The final third is absolutely mouthwatering. By then the flavors are blended perfectly. Do not be forced to the nub no matter how much you are enjoying it or it will bite you with heat and bitterness.
To summarize; this cigar is full bodied and delicious from foot to cap. To be savored slowly.
Smoking time: 45 - 90 Minutes
|Length||4.9 inches (124mm)|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
My Favorite Robusto
- A wonderful and nuanced cigar. This classic never disappoints and takes you all the way from cedar/ woody undertones to cream and sweetness. Just a delight!
- After a couple months rest in the humidor, I have to say that this has become my favorite Cuban. Rich and full flavored, with notes of cinnamon and spice. Loads of beautiful mouth watering smoke. This is what a cigar should be! Just ordered a 50ct.SLB, and can't wait until they arrive!
Aged, one of the best robustos you can have!
- A very special treat. When young they are spicy, a bit bold and untamed. A friend in London shared some that were aged 2 years and they emerge as a floral sweet, rich and absolutely magnificent cigar. I buy my boxes to age two or more years to enjoy. If you have the patience, this cigar will reward you with a truly memorable time.
By F Miller
- I ordered these since they are commonly highly rated and also for the lure of smoking a local, no-global market brand. Rich, smooth flavor and quite a convenient smoke for a short 30-45 min time span. My first one had some construction issues as it began to unravel toward the middle but the flavor and draw was consistently good throughout. Not an extraordinary smoke but it still exceeded my expectations. I would recommend these to those who would like to introduce friends to the world of Habanos as they are not terribly strong, can be smoked in a short period of time, and are inexpensive, but still have an abundance of that Cuban flavor that keeps us coming back for more.
- Very good cigar. Nice medium to full body with loads of pepper and a touch of spiciness. Nice draw with tons of creamy smoke. The only complaint I might have is that the burn was not particularly good or even. This is a very good and very well priced Cuban cigar.