Montecristo No.2 - 25 cigars [6.1 x 52]
The Montecristo No. 2 is legendary.
- • A great example of how fantastic a great Habanos pyramid can be. It's simply the best!.
- • Once you smoke a Montecristo No.2, you know what are Habanos all about.
This cigar is a must have in every connoisseur's humidor. A true classic.
Montecristo No.2 – 25 cigars comes in a dress box with Habanos Packing Code CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25
Ring Gauge: 52
The nice chocolate wrapper is very oily to the touch and has an excellent sheen in the light. Firmly packed. The foot looks well bunched.
Before lighting up
The cigar has aromas of oak, hay, coffee and earth. With the cold draw we get those flavors of coffee, cocoa, cream, hay and oak as well. There is a mild barnyard aroma to the wrapper. Simply lovely smell.
The construction is just perfect - the ash stays on for 3 inches. The draw was very slightly firm, and produces plenty of smoke.
The first third greets you with typical Montecristo flavors. The dominant flavors are of cocoa, coffee; some nice smoothness is also there along with cedar and earthy notes. We also detect some nuts, toast and light spices in the first third. Those classic Montecristo flavors are at their peak with the No.2 vitola. The burn line is clear and slightly wavy, a nice creamy smoke is surrounding you in the initial third while the cigar is medium in strength for now.
The second third of the cigar is consistent with the first third. Still the flavors of chocolate, espresso, nuts, cream and leather. The smoothness is well balanced with some light spices and woods flavors by the end of the second third.
The final third is wonderful. The smoke produced by the Montecristo No.2 is now full of aromas; the burn line is becoming more upright and the ash has a nice dark gray color. The flavors are still fairly similar to the first two thirds except that they are now more pronounced. This cigar delivers until the nub as some woody, leathery and spicy aromas are here to make sure you are still paying attention to it. The Montecristo No.2 is never overwhelming, and stays true to its medium body in strength.
In summary, this cigar is tough to beat. Simply the best!
90 - 105 Minutes
|Length||6.1 inches (156mm)|
|Strength||Medium - Full|
- Well i only had one thus far and it was really good, they arrived with box sealed as i requested and the cigars were all fresh, i couldn't help myself so i had to smoke one, and it was delicious paired it with a 20 year port wine, will for sure order more of these.
Always a Pleasure
- Great taste, cool burn. The simple pleasure of fine tobacco. Cigar Terminal delivered fast with a great price.
AAA+ Cigar & CT Service
REVIEW ON CIGAR:
The monte 2 I received from CT was spot-on-tasty. Smoked it ROTT -- perfect construction.
REVIEW ON EXPERIENCE:
I ordered 3 boxes from CT -- Monty 2, Bolivar Belicoso and Monte Edmundo. Requested for open + inspect.
Delivery: AAA +++, prompt & well pack. Ordered and receive in about 12 business day (even during the the x'mas season).
Service: AAA +++. The Edmundos had about 10 sticks with surface mold. I worked with Mary to rectify the situation. She was professional and never one brushed off my concerns about the mold.
YES -- WILL BUY AGAIN.
Great reliable cigar
- Excellent cigar that's a good go to. Very smooth and always consistent
Not 2013 No. 2
- This is not the number one cigar from 2013, and when they arrived I was disappointed. After smoking the first one, I find it to be better or just as good as the cigar from 2013 review.